PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Boad/Chipset Compatible with Microeditor 5.4

vortec
July 1st, 2003, 02:51 AM
Dear MTU:

I'm upgrading to a Pentium IV computer and need to know which board/chipset is compatible with Microeditor 5.4 running on Windows 98.

Your help is much appreciated.

tkgafs
July 1st, 2003, 04:48 PM
Hi,

I'm in a similar postition I'm currently running Microedit 5.5 on windows xp pro.

PC curreently has a pentium II 300mhz with 256mb ram on an equally old ASUS BX motherboard.

I'd like to upgrade to an AMD Athlon of some description, could someone suggest what motherboard would be ok with Microedit

thanks in advance

Tim

DougD
July 2nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
For the best results we recommend that you upgrade to Windows XP Pro and use an Intel D845GEBV2L motherboard.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bv2/index.htm

We would not recommend using this motherboard with Windows 98. Intel has engineered their newer motherboards to not work well with 98. We would also recommend upgrading to MicroEditor to 5.5.

Note: XP Pro and MicroEditor 5.5 do not support the MicroSync SMPTE/Video sync-lock board (which is an ISA bus card anyway, which current motherboards do not support).

vortec
July 2nd, 2003, 09:00 PM
Doug,

Thanks for your reply.

In a previous thread in this forum (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1125), MTU also recommended some ABIT boards, up to 1.6 GHZ processors, specifically the following:
Abit TH7-II-Raid (Microeditor 5.4.0.0)
Abit SD-7-533 (Microeditor 5.4.0.0)
Abit BD-7 (Microeditor 5.4.0.0)

Is this recommendation still valid?

Thanks again.

DougD
July 3rd, 2003, 01:27 PM
We have had better success with the Intel D845GEBV2L and XP Pro.

The Abit's can be used with Windows 98 only. We do not recommend using 98 for new systems. We had trouble with a number of Creative Labs cards and the Abit's.

mlepine
July 3rd, 2003, 04:27 PM
I would in fact recommend the Intel Motherboard over most brands.

I've build some computers and notice that you will be in general compatible with most audio or any multimedia software when using an Intel Motherboard.

I had bad experience with ASUS, TERRIBLE web site, always busy and it's a pain to get the latest Bios.

Just my opinion...