PDA

View Full Version : PlexWriter 48/24/48 Scrambled Graphics and Bad Sound

davemaloy
June 30th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Howdy, Admin and Forum

Having trouble with my new 48/24/48. Sounds like same problems as Drama63 posted back in Feb.03. Scrambled graphics and bad sound. Graphics and sound fine when played back using recorded harddrive .cdg file and MS v2.4 playback option on the PC. However after burning the songs to cd-r disc all I get is garbage as mentioned above. Have experimented with different combinations of read/write speeds from 4x r/w to 40x r/w and even mixed...read 4x/write 40x or vice versa etc. Still same garbled results on my back up cd-g.

Sony Music cd-r music and Memorex cd-r music media both used with this new unit. Both media types have produced very acceptable results when used with my PlexWriter 12/10/32a that I've been using for the past near 3 years. Plain cd-r data cd's also produced very acceptable backup copies.

System:
WinXP Pro
500mhz Pent 3
256mg ram
Directx 8.1

Believe I've got the latest Adaptec Aspi drivers. v4.72 pkg downloaded over the weekend and shows up when I run the Aspichk.exe utility.

'George' mentioned v1.16 or later ref aspint.dll. Searched for that and it shows I've got v1.16.

Same results with mtu driver or aspi driver option selected in drop down menu MS v2.4. Close MS, reopen, boot and reboot, etc., etc. same results.

Anyway, folks this new unit just ain't a'wantin' to write for me like it's s'posed to oughta. Been a diehard MTU guy since I learned about y'all over 2 years ago and started using your karaoke products since. Currently have the latest K-4 versions from your download section and have reinstalled all four from the cd you sent me with this new PW48/24/48. Reinstalling didn't seem to help nor hinder the original problem. By then I was grasping at straws to find a solution.

Appreciate any advice and help with this matter. In the interest of disclosure the invoice date of shipping is/was 4/25/03. I just cracked the box to start installing the new unit this past Thurs. the 26th. No visible damage or tampering when unit received from UPS end of Apr. first of May.

Just haven't had the time to install the new hardware...that and have been trying to decide to upgrade to a newer faster cpu. It didn't help matters at all when Doug C and I talked several weeks ago about the new combi Hoster/CPU setup you are offering now.

For right now I'd be satisfied with figuring out the problem with this new burner. Seems to read fine and play an audio cd just fine but won't write worth a hoot.

Dave Maloy
Invoice #8911