PDA

View Full Version : network adapter ???

gizmo
June 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I am trying to get the serial number for KHPro ID. It is asking me to select a Network Adapter Mac ID, but in the boxes its says none found. Help

stritti
July 1st, 2003, 01:45 AM
Same problem as I have (reported in thread http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2435 ) so I cannot install te program I have bought. Wolfgang from Germany

pcgumshoe
July 17th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Try pluggin something into your Network Card.

I know I had two cards on my system, the second one I use as my MAC ID to use MTU products so I can take it from PC to PC. Anyhow, on one system, after I installed it and used that MAC, I moved it to another system. When I got back, the program wouldn't work. Then I thought, "Plug something in!"

So I plugged a cable into the Network card and into another computer that was ON and it worked.

I am assuming that you have everything working and a network card set up...

admin
July 20th, 2003, 07:59 AM
gizmo and stritti, are you now running? We would all appreciate seeing what the solution was to help others in the future. :w

stritti
July 20th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hi,
the solution I explained before. I removed the card from the computer and started the computer again so the network adatper was no more known. Then I shut down the compuer again, installed the card and started the compuer again. Afterwards I had to install the services again (internet protokol for TCP/IP etc...) and suddenly the card was known again by the program and I got te MAC ID. The Thread has some very good information (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=2435).

admin
July 20th, 2003, 01:33 PM
stritti, I am glad you are now running. The next release of KPro will have a much better security program we have written. It will not require the MACID from a network card. We do apologize for the difficulties you have had. However, it is exactly these difficulties our customers did experience that have driven us to do better!. We are about to finish a 4-year project to give you (our customers) an easier time installing our software, and... give us more protection than even the current KPro and Hoster "MACID" protection gives us. :w

gizmo
July 20th, 2003, 08:46 PM
I am Very Lost to this. I do not know anything about removing the network card. I had an older version of KHPro when I went to install the new version it told me to first delete the other version. when I did this it now says that it does not recognize the network card. I know nothing about removing network cards or the such
It worked before why not now????? I can Not get the serial number until i can load the progam.....

jaddams
July 21st, 2003, 12:19 AM
Gizmo,

Are you using a high speed connection to the Internet? If you do AND it's working, then you network card is properly installed.

If you are using a dial-up connection and your computer is not so new, then you may not have a network card.

If this is the case, then look in the back of your computer, what you are looking for looks like an input telephone jack except that it's much bigger.

Please post back with your answer and tell us which Operating System you are using (Windows 98, XP, etc.) and we will try to guide you the rest of the way.

Good luck,

Jon