PDA

View Full Version : KPro will not reinstall

Lauraine Graham- with the Lord
June 28th, 2003, 04:30 AM
I have recently had to have my PC cleansed to the bone and all my programs reinstalled. I don't know what the problem was but it appears to have been, BUT

whilst KeyRite, MicroStudio and Vogone have all been successfully reinstalled my KPro is behaving most oddly, inasmuch as:

1. The serial number provided for KPro will not install the program, in spite of the dialogue box telling that it has been successfully installed. In order to use KPro I have to use my KHP serial number. Is that weird, or what?

2. Whilst creating a CDG song I am often being interrupted by a message box telling me that an error has occurred and the program is closed down, and do I want to report it to Microsoft (no I don't, thank you very much!!)

3. When I finally am successful in completing and saving a song the file size is about 4-5 times as large as the others and when playing it back within MicroStudio the length of the song is reported as being 20 minutes long!! The song isn't, of course, but the file will run that long if one doesn't kick it out.

A thought occurred whilst wrestling with this problem. Will the network card thingy have produced a different MACID to the one originally produced and for which the serial number was generated? Could this be my problem? or is something more sinister still lurking within the bibs and bobs of my machine waiting to do something horrendous?

What do you think? Your advice and ideas would be most welcome.

best wishes

jaddams
June 28th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Lauraine,

This may be a silly question. Are you sure you are installing the correct version of Kpro? I am asking because you, as a KPro beta tester, may have different versions scattered all over. :w

One of the problems you are reporting (a 20 minutes long song) first appeared on KHpro beta version 4.0b1 and remained a problem until it was fixed on beta 4.004. :w

The Install Shield did not change until beta 4.006 where the name was changed from KHPro to Kpro and the MACID requirement was added.

I cannot see where you can install Kpro 4.008 using a KHPro serial number. I don't think it'll work at all.
Originally posted by Lauraine
A thought occurred whilst wrestling with this problem. Will the network card thingy have produced a different MACID to the one originally produced and for which the serial number was generated? Could this be my problem?
This also is not your problem as KProID will always generate the same MACID for a particular network card as the number is unique to that card.

Could you please double check your installation files again to make sure you are trying to install KPro 4.008?

Best regards,

Lauraine Graham- with the Lord
June 28th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks Jon. At least I know that the MACID will not be posing problems.

As for the version I am installing, to be honest I do not know which version I am intalling. I know this sounds terribly inefficient (and I agree it is) but I seem to have mislaid several discs, as I can only find two on which various versions of KPro reside. I am by nature a meticulous labeller but during the past 6-9 months our household has been in the most dreadful upheaval, during which I have also suffered two major periods of computer let-down, resulting in hurried backup. I am missing a whole boxful of various backups. It isn't really an adequate excuse I know, but it is the reason why I have probably installed the wrong version, because the right version is not here.

I'll put up with it for now as I believe that we are very close to receiving a new beta to test.

Thanks for your time, and best wishes