PDA

View Full Version : glitches

dpreeves
June 27th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Have been road testing Hoster and have experienced a few glitches I hope I can get some insight on. First, there is a delay in the search drop down window, when you try to scroll down with arrow keys (even slowly) there is a pause, and then the hilight will move down all at once. Also, opening the search window will cause a hicup (or glitch) in the song playing. I have also had several imported songs start, pause and start over. I have imported on two different drives at varying speeds, no other applications have been running during any of the problems. Have a Gateway 600x 1.7gb, 512mb mem, all drivers are current, no other programs are running, discs are clean, using Plextor and HP cd drives. Thanks

dpreeves
June 29th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Am still experiencing problems with songs starting for a few seconds, pausing and restarting. Very frustrating during show. There does not appear to be any thing in common among them. They were imported with different drives, at different speeds, with no other applications running. Any help?

bernie
June 30th, 2003, 03:05 PM
dpreeves,

You are not alone with the audio problems when importing. I find it so annoying it ruins what is otherwise a fine piece of software.

As it is, I've been forced to put Holster on the back burner until this problem is solved. It is just not acceptable to have to waste so much time re-importing songs and crossing one's fingers that the song won't contain the pause/restart audio glitch.

There have been a few posts that indicate MTU is aware of the problem but I have never seen anything from them confirming that they really are working on a solution.

bernie

Flipeoke
June 30th, 2003, 03:42 PM
According to the Hoster Versions (http://www.mtu.com/support/hoster-versions.htm) page, 2.012 fixes an audio dropout bug, not sure if it is the same trouble or not. Also says 2.013 is not yet released for testing...

Flip

jaddams
June 30th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Flip,

Version 2.013 has been released for testing AND tested.

It’s been a long road in testing Hoster. We are now testing Hoster 2.014 and it appears that all audio problems have been solved. I wouldn’t be surprised if 2.014 is released within a day or so.

2.014 seem to be rock steady. A piece of software MTU should be proud of as well as any KJ using same.

Best regards,

Jon

admin
June 30th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Get your download instruction email and click your download link again. It will now deliver Hoster 2.014, and the full database as it currently exists. :c

We'll have the changes up on the Hoster Version Upgrades page before tomorrow 9AM.

Basically, the CPU requirements that were 100% pegged are now running around 2% ! :e :c

It also supports the new Plextor 52x CDR drive that we will start selling Wednesday of this week.

Flipeoke
July 1st, 2003, 12:47 AM
OK, I used my download link, and downloaded the latest version of hoster. When I try to install it, it's asking for my product ID which I received in my original e-mail, it says in my e-mail I should have received a second e-mail once 2.0 was available, however, I never got the second email. Just the CD in the mail....am I missing something? Where do I find my product ID is this the same as the serial number I received in my Regestration Request e-mail?

Eric Whitehouse
July 1st, 2003, 07:24 AM
I think I'm having the same problem as Flip. I've used the download link and tried to enter the Hoster Serial Number but it refuses to open the program, further instructions would help and be grateful. My Hoster 2 CD dated 16 April 2003 states that "My Hoster ID on this CD is found Automatically during installation". Can somebody enlighten me as I cannot use your new update

Eric:f

Flipeoke
July 1st, 2003, 03:51 PM
OK, I figured out where to find my ID, After checking my CD, I found the .LIC file, assuming the name of this file was my ID, I copied and pasted it into in setup, and lo and behold...it worked... so for anyone having trouble installing the new version of hoster, check your CD for the .LIC file. The name of this file should be your ID.

Flip

Flipeoke
July 1st, 2003, 03:59 PM
OK, forget what I just said, it installed, but it still won't me allow to run the program...

still trying to find my ID....

admin
July 2nd, 2003, 01:54 PM
There was a temporary problem in a recent upgrade to the registration script on our web site. This prevented installing the new Hoster with the 2.0 Hoster ID.

This was just fixed. You need to re-run the installation Hoster 2.014 again from scratch. First UNINSTALL the existing version, then install 2.014.

We apologize for this error on our part. :s

dpreeves, post here if 2.014 solves your problem with songs restarting. We have not had that reported, so we don't know what to recommend. Version 2.014 uses about 2% of the CPU time where 2.013 and prior used 100%. This is a BIG perfromance change! :e :c

Eric Whitehouse
July 2nd, 2003, 02:22 PM
How do I retrieve my I.D. licence number from my Hoster CD. I would appreciate a quick reply as I posted yesterday and I am using the program tonight!! :f

admin
July 2nd, 2003, 04:11 PM
Eric, read below. It is under the Hoster directory on CDs we first sent out to everyone who had V1.x. We no longer add it to the CD. It is also found in the Email the MTU store sent you when you ordered. It looks like: T0002528xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

On the CD, it is the filename (followed by .lic) and it is also contained within this file.

Originally posted by Flipeoke
OK, I figured out where to find my ID, After checking my CD, I found the .LIC file, assuming the name of this file was my ID, I copied and pasted it into in setup, and lo and behold...it worked... so for anyone having trouble installing the new version of hoster, check your CD for the .LIC file. The name of this file should be your ID.

Flip

Eric Whitehouse
July 3rd, 2003, 09:40 AM
Hi,
I have located the ID off the CDROM you sent me beginning with T0006656APde7,etc., redownloaded the 2014 update using up another of my 8 lives, tried to install but to no avail. I am still getting "Your serial number does not match your registration information. Please reinstall Hoster and try again"
The LIC. number Doug Davidson emailed me on the 23 April for my 2nd system opened the update without any problems. Is the LIC. number on the CDROM you sent me still valid as I am using the same ethernet card? I have never received an email from you with a LIC. number For my 1st system 0040f4687f89.
Regards,
Eric

MTUSUPPORT
July 3rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Eric,
Try installing it again, the engineer just called 10 minutes ago and said that it was now fixed. We just tested it and it is working now.

Eric Whitehouse
July 3rd, 2003, 12:32 PM
Now up and running. Thanks for your help. I thought the temporary problem had been fixed, I guess it is now.
Regards,
Eric

dpreeves
July 3rd, 2003, 03:15 PM
Bryan, Do not have any more tries left on linking to Hoster, thanks to MSN, how can I get the upgrade to 2014? I have a Hoster cd. Thanks

MTUSUPPORT
July 3rd, 2003, 05:38 PM
I will send you a PM of what you can do to get it.

Beavis
July 3rd, 2003, 10:13 PM
is this a new way to obtain updates for hoster ???

this is getting real weak !!

dpreeves
July 4th, 2003, 01:23 AM
and just what would that be?

kedmison
July 4th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Happy4th to all.

Just in case someone is out there this 4th I have a problem. I have a gig at 8 CMT. My tv is recieving the graphics but it is in black and white. I have checked all cables and setttings but to no avail. What's the problem???My hosterlaptop is showing color but only black and white is going to the tv. And it is NOTthe tv. Broughtand extra one just in case and it does the same.

Thanks,

Kelly

kedmison
July 4th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Quit Scratching your heads, Found the problem. Broke pin in the S-Video cable. Thank God for Wal-Mart. Hope everyone has a great 4th.

Kelly

gduns - with the Lord
July 7th, 2003, 08:19 AM
I have experienced several bugs this weekend, my first 5 hr show with hoster. I fing the more you use it the more ways you find to work around the bugs.
The little Hicckup you get when you open a search window can be solved by leaving it open all the time, and pull it down to the bottom of the screen when it isnt being used.
The double start problem you mentioned even happens with my cdg player on some cd's and I don't think software is the problem. I think it is the way they recorded the cd.
I have found hoster to be able to pull out graphics that wouldnt work on the cdg player. so all in all I think it is pretty good. I have found a couple of bombs in it, But hopefully one day Mtu support will get back to me, No luck right now though.

mindonstrike
July 8th, 2003, 12:55 PM
It's Ironic I Upgraded to 2.014 because they said they got the glitches fixed and yet in one 4 hour show I had more problems than in two weeks time with the old.Nothing I can't live with until the next bug fix comes out.

MTUSUPPORT
July 8th, 2003, 02:52 PM
MindOnstrike,
Can you please post the problems that you are having? We are not having others report any more problems, or not like what you have mentioned.

MTUSUPPORT
July 9th, 2003, 02:38 PM
I have set up an area in the forums so that you can now download Hoster 2.014 without using up any of your Download links. Click here to go to the post on where to download Hoster 2.014. (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=2518)