PDA

View Full Version : need some answers

Dakotasdad
June 23rd, 2003, 08:46 PM
well, im thinking about taking all my cdg's and copying to the hardrive on a laptop, then creating a list or program to run the song's in a certain order (i do shows at a local hotspot on thursday nights , friday nights and private parties on saturdays.) since i am the only one singing, is there software so i can just run a pre aranged program off the laptop hard drive ? i would need to store about 3000 songs and be able to pause the program to insert requests.maybe set up 4 0r 5 diffrent programs. and i would like to use the laptop's flat screen as a monitor for the words. does anyone know if any of this is possible? please help. thanks

admin
June 23rd, 2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Dakotasdad
well, im thinking about taking all my cdg's and copying to the hardrive on a laptop, then creating a list or program to run the song's in a certain order (i do shows at a local hotspot on thursday nights , friday nights and private parties on saturdays.)

Admin: Hoster has all the pieces to do exactly this. It uses Microsoft's WMA data compression (instead of MP3) to make the audio portion smaller.

since i am the only one singing, is there software so i can just run a pre aranged program off the laptop hard drive?

Admin: Hoster allows you to create "Projects" with songs already in a preset order. You can have basically an unlimited number of projects, and you can do a Save As... to start a new project by editing a copy of a prior one, for example, the same songs in a different order, or with more or different songs added in to change the show a bit.

i would need to store about 3000 songs and be able to pause the program to insert requests.

With 96Kbit compression (4th out of the 5 ratios we offer), you can save about 8,000 typical Karaoke CDG songs on a 40GB hard drive with Windows XP Pro on it also.

maybe set up 4 0r 5 diffrent programs.

Unlimited.

and i would like to use the laptop's flat screen as a monitor for the words.

Hoster can do that, and you can use a dual display to show the words to the audience if you wish.

does anyone know if any of this is possible? please help. thanks

Any other questions? Ask and we shall answer. :w