PDA

View Full Version : CDG vs KMA files

dbedard
June 20th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I already have lots of songs loaded as a CDG file on my hard disk for micro studio player.

Can those files be used with hoster or converted to kma?

danny_g
June 20th, 2003, 09:24 PM
If I remember the specs the only way to convert to KMA is from the cd itself. maybe they will allow users to convert off of the hard drive in a future release.

admin
June 23rd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Presently, we have focused on importing discs and using our database to help fill in the fields for you.

We do expect to add an Import HD Tracks button to allow importing .cdg songs from the hard drive. However, you will have to fill in the Manufacturer, DiscID, Songname and Artist fields. So, when you import the song you will need to have this info ready.

Hoster Version 2.1 is expected to have this new button, but we have just started on it so I don't have a time estimate as of yet. It will probaby be at least 3 months as a guestimate. :?

Skybird
June 28th, 2003, 01:12 PM
I am in the process of purchasing the portable PC with Hoster. I have already backed up many CDGs onto my hard drive with MicroStudio and would like to just transfer those to the new portable PC with Hoster.

So, if this cannot yet be done, I assume that means I will have to re-copy all of my CDGs disk by disk to the new PC.

When Hoster does have a button allowing transfer of backed up CDGs from PC to PC, will I be able to upgrade Hoster then?

How soon will it be available? It sure would save me time since I already have about 100 CDGs backed up on my home computer.