PDA

View Full Version : RE: Downloading for personal use

walker
June 6th, 2003, 02:39 AM
I don't know for sure if i can -post here this type of question, but if I can't then i sincerely apologize, I'm new to this- but here goes anyway, Can someone use any of this software to make there own discs from the internet-like mps's cdg files etc.? If so, then what would you recommend? Thanks and again if this is out of line, please correct me and I thank you. As I mentioned above I'm new to this and it's for my own personal use not Commercial.

jahern
June 6th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I have converted several sources to wave files in my day.

Mostly what I use is a program that they don't sell anymore (any rebuttals are welcome) called Siren Jukebox. It takes Waves, MP3's, WMA's and Ogg Vorbis and converts them into any of the above.

I have used a "Line in" approach with a program called Diamond Cut in which I Record from a source, using "line in" on my audio card. This recording is a wave file (using this program that came bundled with my very first cdrw)

Also using Diamond Cut I have played something on my computer and recorded it at the same time. I had a Sound Blaster card which had a "What You Hear" option. That card finally went kaput and in order to record what I was playing, I had to loop the output to my mixer and record it as a "Line In" item.

I know there are newer programs out there.

Using wave files one can create a cdg file in KPRO

Legal sources of music are a different matter, but I am saying what you can do with your music once you obtain it legally.

Hope this helps. If you have particular questions, feel free to Private message me, unless the whole world would like to hear them.