PDA

View Full Version : Plexwriter not working!

DennisH
June 5th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Hello...
I purchased a Plextor Plexwriter 24/10/40A from you a while ago, and I am having problems with it... It worked fine for quite a while, but now it won't burn at all. I kept having to decrease me recording speed all the way down to 1X, and even then, it would only work 1 out of 10 times. Now it's completely dead. It hasn't worked properly for the last 3 months or so...

I get this message...

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 2:0:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 73h 03h)

I've tried tons of different brand new cdr's so I know the problem isn't with bad medium.

The invoice number on my reciept is 3621
and my billing info is as follows

EDITED FOR CLIENT'S PRIVACY BY MTU

I would have reported this problem sooner, but have only just recently found the reciept! I'm a bad organizer...
Please help me out with this, I use this burner all the time, and it really sucks not having it!

MTUSUPPORT
June 6th, 2003, 11:19 AM
What version of Windows are you running? Have you tried updating the ASPI drivers from: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493 If not then please try this first.

Let me know what you find.

DennisH
June 6th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I'm using Windows2000. My product version is V1.18, so according to the fix suggestion, that version should be okay, right? The program I use primarily is goldenhawk cdrwin.

My system settings haven't changed as far as I know for quite some time, so there really should be no reason that the burner has ceased to work. Like I said, everything was working fine up untill 3 months ago.

I just tested microstudio, and here's what happened...
I ripped a track off a cdg disc to my hard drive. Then I put in a blank cdr and recorded the track onto it. The recording completed successfully, but when I checked the disc... it is still reading as a blank disc...?

Then I went and checked the drives tab, and switched the aspi driver to MTU installed driver (default was checked...) and tried burning another cd. I got the same message that I get with cdrwin...

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 2:0:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 73h 03h)

is something wrong with the MTU aspi?... anyway, even though the default driver burned the cd successfully, the file still did not show up on the burned cd!?!?

Also, on another topic, microstudio will play my cdg's, but they will jump and stutter, and eventually get stuck like a broken record.
I'm starting to think that even though I'm having problems burning cd's, that there might not be anything wrong with the burner. If it was busted, it wouldn't be able to read discs either, would it?
Any more suggestions?
Thanks,
-Den