PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Microstudio 2.013 (Demo)

Annie
February 2nd, 2001, 03:57 PM
I installed the demo version and it worked fine until I turned off my machine. The next time I tried to run it - no go. I reinstalled, and it worked again, however this time, my machine rebooted as soon as the song stopped playing i.e. I got to see the message about the demo version only playing for 75 seconds, then the reboot.

I've seen that others have had the problem of not being able to run Microstudio, but has anyone experienced this rebooting problem?

Please can anyone help, as I would like to buy it to play my songs all the way through before burning (but not if this problem continues).

Thanks, Anne

admin
February 5th, 2001, 05:29 PM
:? INCREDIBLE! :e

Annie, we have never heard of this problem before. Are you running the newest Microstudio V2.103 demo?

For an application program, that has proven to work with many users, to terminate and restart your computer tells me your Windows installation or something else is really messed up. Do you have any other programs that are causing this problem or other random problems?

We have shipped AT/XT/PC/ATX Windows audio workstation computers since 1986 and we have never heard of this a single time.

Please understand, I'm not criticizing you. We are just amazed that our little ol' program has such power in your computer!

I would strongly suggest you have a PC/Windows expert check out your Windows installation, or reinstall Windows. Are you running Win98 Service Release Pack 2?

Annie
February 5th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Errr - actually, I AM (purportedly) a Windows expert.

Anyway, the rebooting problem is fixed, and it was, kind of, mere coincidence it occured with Microstudio. I tried running on 2 other machines at work(win98 and 2000, but different hardware)with no problems. After I got another reboot at home with a different program that switched video modes, I decided to look in the box. I discovered the heat sink on my graphics card had come unglued!!! Since fixing that no rebooting problems.

Although the other problem of the program (Microstudio V2.103) failing to run in any session after installation continues - including the Win98 machine at work, but not the Win2000! Is there any progress on that front?

Thanks Again

MTUSUPPORT
February 13th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Annie,
When you say that it won't work on a Win 98 system, what exactly does it do? Does it give you any error messages?

If so then please post them here for me to read and try to diagnose.

Do these computers all have a CD-R drive installed within them? The program does have to have a CD-R installed to work correctly.

Annie
February 13th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Yes, all have a CDR installed. The problem is that the program just doesn't start. Clicking the shortcut on the Desktop, going to Start - Programs etc. or clicking on the the icon in for the actual program in the Microstudio folder results in - absolutely nothing!!!!

If I reinstall the program, then I can use it again - just for the one session. Next time I start the machine, no go.

So there's no error messages to diagnose. Weird - yes?

Anne

admin
February 13th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Annie, we have a new demo coming by the end of this week (or so we currently think). There was a problem discovered in the security code that could possibly cause some of the problems you have seen. I have forwarded this over to our programmer who is on the upgrade as I write.

Are you running V2.013 demo? Or are you running V2.103 demo?