PDA

View Full Version : CD+G duplication basics questions

lovett-ent
May 31st, 2003, 02:12 PM
I'm really new to this arena and have some really fundamental quesitons about duplicating karaoke CD+G discs. I need to copy my CD+G discs for backups. I don't know the first thing about this, really. I have CD-R/RW burners but I'm not sure they are compatible with any CD+G software. They are:

Samsung CD-R/RW SW-212B and CyberDrive CW058 CD-R/RW

So, assuming these above are not compatible with CD+G, I will need to purchase a burner that is compatible with CD+G. Which one is the best for the money?

Now the really big dumb question: How do you copy? I understand about needing the software (which is best for the money?) But how do you actually copy? Do I need 2 CD+G burners? If my CD burners don't read CD+G, then I can't put the master CD+G into the CDRW drive and copy to the CD+G compatible drive, right? Do I have to copy to the computer and then back off to the blank CD+G disc? (What is a CD+G disc and where do I get them?)

OK, so now it's obvious I'm a moron, but any enlightenment from a karaoke guru would be GREATLY appreciated.

wackyquack
June 2nd, 2003, 10:27 AM
Michelle:

I will try to answer some of your questions. First, go to the home page of this website. It has an area that lists compatible cd burners for copying karaoke cd+g. The two you own do not appear on the list (or I just didn't see them).

MTU sells Plexwriter CD burners that they bench test and certify to duplicate cd+g. However, you need the software to do this.

MTU's MICROSTUDIO software will do this very efficently. I have been using their product since Sept. 2002 with excellent results.

You do not need 2 cdg burners. I do this with one.

hope this helps