PDA

View Full Version : Removing Import/Database errors

S. Parks
May 27th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Can anyone tell me how to remove an imported song, once it has been imported into Hoster. I have noticed quite a few errors in the database and I can't figure out how to remove them so the proper song titles can be entered. This is abot the only short coming I can find wit this program so far. If someone out there has a solution to this problem, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

tnrsound
May 30th, 2003, 04:42 AM
well steve, the best way i can figure is actually go into the database with microsoft access. Be very careful using it because if you take something out you can't really redo it very easy. You can manage all you songs from there. You can even change the book id numbers if you want. Just remember though that every thing you do is a one time deal so "measure twice and cut once"! If you have any more problems let me know.

Tim

Beavis
May 30th, 2003, 07:15 AM
you can always re-import what you deleted. it will be in the same spot !!

nreel
June 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM
You do not need to delete imported songs to correct wrong song titles.

To correct a wrong song title, place the disc, with the song on it that needs to be corrected, into the CDROM, under the IMPORT TRACKS tab, select DISC ID# (you will see that the BOOK ID will already be there after selecting the DISC ID# of a disc that has already been imported), CHECK the box, in the SEL column, of the song that needs to be re-imported, CHANGE the SONG NAME by “left clicking” your MOUSE CURSOR in the SONG NAME box and TYPING the correct SONG TITLE, press the ENTER key to make sure the newly typed song replaces the old, and, finally, “left mouse click” on the IMPORT SELECTED TRACKS tab.

If you want to delete an imported song, observe the PATH, where you are importing your songs, which is located under the IMPORT TRACKS tab and next to the SAVE TO FOLDER tab. Open MYCOMPUTER (located on the START Menu of your OPERATING SYSTEM) and navigate to that FOLDER.

Navigation to your imported songs may be accomplished by doing something like this:

Double Left Click on MYCOMPUTER to open it, Double Left Click on Disk 1 Partition ( C: ), Double Left Click on the MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED folder, Double Left Click on the HOSTER folder, and, finally, Double Left Click on the IMPORTED folder.

You should be able to see all the imported songs. Individually, Right Click on the song that you want to delete and a menu will appear. From this menu, chose DELETE. The selected song will be deleted.

Hope this helps.

admin
June 1st, 2003, 01:20 PM
The only thing you also need to do is execute the Rebuild Database command after deleting a file and reimporting it.

If you only reimport, the Songs database is transparently cleaned up in Hoster.