PDA

View Full Version : song database out of date

djmadmaxx
May 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
when and how often is the hoster database gonna be updated?. I was shocked how far out-of-date the hoster 2.1 database is. i have phm's and sound choice discs that have been available for several months that are not in the database. Are you gonna offer a monthly downloadable update for the database??? Right now it's almost 6 months out of date.

admin
May 23rd, 2003, 06:13 PM
Yes, the database is out of date, and it is a brand new product. We purchased it expecting it to be in top shape to start with, and found that brands like ChartBusters had every disc wrong, because CB's site has them all wrong. We have spent a LOT of time fixing this, with work being done even now.

We are working on a mechanism to allow users to submit discs to our web site from Hoster, and after approval (2 users with the identical submissions would suffice) other users could get download them.

This all takes further programming in Hoster and our web site. It is planned, but not yet underway. There are still features we are adding that customers have requested.

We do not want to create a situation where MTU is dependent on another vendor for the database upkeep. This is frought with danger, for MTU and our customers. We will stay on our current plan, and it will appear when it appears.

Mr Music
June 7th, 2003, 01:41 AM
What Is the Status Of the Data Base I have been at a stand still with importing Songs for two months.
Seems every Chart buster past 20 Is numberd wrong has this been fix and if so where can I get it from?

Chris

George
June 7th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Mr. Music,

Read ADMIN's post just above yours. It should answer your question.

George

admin
June 7th, 2003, 12:54 PM
What version of Hoster are you running?

Much time was spent upgrading Chartbusters and others. The new database is now available. We send all known Hoster customers a free upgrade by CDROM about a month ago. If you did not receive it, post back here.

jenkins
June 11th, 2003, 05:26 PM
just bought yesterday
database is wrong all chartbuster songs are in alphabetical order

i need help !!!!!!!!!!