PDA

View Full Version : Hoster demo won't recognize CD drive...

mkirkpat
May 21st, 2003, 10:44 PM
I went thru all this with you when I purchased Microstudio...and I had to purchase a Plextor drive from your company to get Microstudio to work. I purchased my drive about 4 months ago directly from your web as a working CDG compatible drive...it is a Plextor PX-W4824A 1.03 and it works great with your Microstudio product....why won't the Hoster demo recognize the device?? If this device I purchased from you is incompatible with Hoster will you swap it out with me for a compatible product??
Help
:?

jaddams
May 21st, 2003, 11:45 PM
Mkirkpat,

In my opinion, There is no need for a swap.

Your Plextor PX-W4824A is a great CDG burner, perhaps the best in the market for CDG. It works perfectly with Hoster.

I don’t know which demo version you are running but support for the PX-4824A was just recently implemented.

If you are trying an old Demo version, your burner may not be recognized. I don’t know if there is a newer Demo version. If there isn’t, one will be out soon.

Rest assured that the latest Hoster version 2.011 supports that drive without a glitch.

You may want to email MTU with questions on this or other concerns by clicking here (sales@mtu.com)

Good luck,

Jon

mkirkpat
June 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your reply....I'm going to purchase Hoster today. I do this stuff for fun only and not professionally or for hire. Just tired of swapping CDG's in my single player. I have all kinds of sound reinforcement gear and a 24track digital recording studio as well as SONAR XL Pro in my home, so that part is all in place. My friends & neighbors have demanded a bi-monthly karaoke party and I'm hoping Hoster will make it to where I can enjoy more of the party instead of playing manual jukebox.

On a side note, my music production company has purchased my limited collection of cdg's so far (a paltry 150 discs). If I wanted to start doing KJ shows, do I have to carry the CDG originals with me to the show for proof of license? I was hoping that with Hoster I would be able to keep the discs safe and secure without having to drag them to any shows. As a long standing musician with grammy winning songwriters in my family, I'm all about copyright's and protecting songwriters. But I don't know if ASCAP or BMI shows up at clubs or private parties demanding proof of ownership. I'm hoping that as long as I have the originals at my home then I'm legal and in compliance.