PDA

View Full Version : Installation Problem-Hoster Demo

jerst
May 16th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I have tried downloading the demo version of Hoster several times, but keep getting same error message after installation :" dynamic link library WMVCore.dll could not be found." It goes on to list a number of locations it looked for the file.

I am in kind of a time bind to evaluate the software. WE start a new show in2 weeks and were hoping to purchase the software and get the disk loaded in time.

Any suggestions?

jaddams
May 16th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Posted by Jerst
Dynamic link library WMVCore.dll could not be found."
Any suggestions?
Jerst,

This file affects the Windows Media Video Playback and authoring library. It appears yours is missing or corrupted.

Solution: Install the missing or corrupted wmvcore.dll into your Windows System Folder.
You can download it from here (http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?download=1&ID=1660)

After unzipping and installing it, try installing the Hoster Demo again. This should fix your problem. :)

Good luck,

Jon

jerst
May 16th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Jon,

Thanks so much for the info. It worked like a charm. Now to get to the fun of playing with the program. I haven't hosted in about 6 years, and used to have one of the biggest companies in Seattle.

I really miss the audiences, and look forward to this venture. How cool not having to lug your library around. Lucky for me I kept 1 library of CDGs just to have in case..

Thanks Again,

Jerry

jaddams
May 16th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Jerry,

Happy you got it going. You are going to love Hoster! :g :g

Good luck with your shows. :)

Regards,

Jon