PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burner support for Microstudio ?

Oz Salinas
May 8th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I'm about to buy a DVD burner for video editing and it would be great to also use it for cdg.
Can anybody tell me if Microstudio 2.4 supports the Toshiba SD-R5002 DVD Burner, the Sony DRU500AX DVD Burner or any other DVD Burner ?

Thanks.

jaddams
May 8th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Oz,

I am afraid not. At present, MicroStudio does not support DVD burners. For the list of recorders currently supported by MicroStudio, please click this link.

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm

Please note that the only burners that MTU fully guarantees, are those sold by MTU, as each unit is tested before being shipped.

Good luck

Jon

admin
May 9th, 2003, 10:39 AM
We will soon be testing a new Plextor drive we have. It is a DVD burner that will also do CDG. This is probably the ONLY drive that will do CDG. I suggest you wait just a bit on your purchase. If you can, give us a shot at delivering the drive to you. I can't guarantee it will do CDG until we have the drivers for it, but I'd put a 99.9% probability of success on this one. :w

mlepine
May 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM
jaddams,

Are you sure? Plextor makes a Combo DVD/Burner model 20X10X40 & 12DVD, it says that it's compatible with CDG

Is it the MTU driver that is not compatible?

Please let me know, I might want to buy this model

Thanks

jaddams
May 9th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Oz,

Yes I am sure. Presently. MicroStudio does no support DVD burners.

Please, in case you missed it, read Admin's post right above yours for a better answer. It states that MTU will soon begin testing a Plextor DVD that will burn CDGs. This post is right above.

Good luck,

Jon

admin
May 12th, 2003, 10:06 AM
We will soon be testing. Until we receive the drivers from our contractor, we can do nothing. Please do not push us. Watch the News Page (http://mtu.com/support/news.htm) for our announcements. :w

Originally posted by admin
We will soon be testing a new Plextor drive we have. It is a DVD burner that will also do CDG. This is probably the ONLY drive that will do CDG. I suggest you wait just a bit on your purchase. If you can, give us a shot at delivering the drive to you. I can't guarantee it will do CDG until we have the drivers for it, but I'd put a 99.9% probability of success on this one.

ADMIN on 6/11/03 - Well, I'm wrong! :m Plextor just told us their drive does NOT do the CD+Graphics format discs. So, we are back to a DVD-ROM drive and a CDG Burner. We are not pleased with this! :m

cueball
September 10th, 2003, 08:04 PM
I just bought an Ultra DVD+RW CD+RW W/cd+g support.....well i was just wondering if there(once you get time) test this burner its real cheap, I paid 130.00 with shipping and handleing for mine from tigerdirect.com.....Thanx as always, Johnathon