PDA

View Full Version : Vcd Importing

James w murray
May 4th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Hey guys i have a solution for importing the vcd files to hoster if you can't find the songs as a cdg file and don't want to carry around the xtra cd's
what i did was play the song and record the music with a tape deck and then transfer the analog file to my computer as a digital file using a program called rip edit burn (you can use it free for 30 days if you go to there web site)
then i imported it with karaoke pro and wrote the words and turned it into a cdg file then imported it to hoster as a kma file
its a good bit of work but the convienece of not carrying around the cd's is worth it
no one i talked to cares about the video part anyway:w :g

danny_g
May 5th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by James w murray
Hey guys i have a solution for importing the vcd files to hoster if you can't find the songs as a cdg file and don't want to carry around the xtra cd's
what i did was play the song and record the music with a tape deck and then transfer the analog file to my computer as a digital file using a program called rip edit burn (you can use it free for 30 days if you go to there web site)
then i imported it with karaoke pro and wrote the words and turned it into a cdg file then imported it to hoster as a kma file
its a good bit of work but the convienece of not carrying around the cd's is worth it
no one i talked to cares about the video part anyway:w :g

get cool edit pro and you can turn the vcd audio into a .wav file

jahern
May 6th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Ever since I got my first cd burner, about 6 years ago, I've been using a little program called Diamond Cut. It's been simple to use. I have known for a long time that anything I hear can be directly "recorded" by the computer as a wave file through the line in. I've done some editing with this program, but probably have picked up, through different bundlings, other programs that will work as well or better. Nero and Goldwave come to mind.

If I run the source through my mixer, I can easily control the volume and even change keys while creating the wave file.