PDA

View Full Version : Importing a track from cd into 2.0

Dean Gadberry
May 3rd, 2003, 06:30 PM
I tried importing a track from a cdg and I got great sound but now words. What went wrong or what else do I have to do? I also tried to load the cdg on to the haed drive and still did not get any words. The disc is Priddis Pro Sound #1114D. Is this a disc that can't be copied to a harddrive or play on the hoster program?:?

jaddams
May 3rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Dean,

How about telling us more information, for example: Computer type, Operating Systems, CD Burner brand and model number plus sound card.

Thanks

Jon

Dean Gadberry
May 3rd, 2003, 07:02 PM
My computer works. It worked fine with the old hoster program. Know that I have 2.0 Hoster I was tring to get the add track button to work. Sony laptop pcg-grx670, big and fast.

jaddams
May 3rd, 2003, 09:23 PM
Dean,

Let’s see if we can clear a few points here.

I am not a MTU employee I am just one of many who help MTU support. :)

The reason I asked you a few simple questions is because you didn’t tell us much in your original post. :)

Hoster, like other karaoke products, has specific requirements, especially when it comes to burners, I expected simple answers to my simple questions.Posted by Dean My computer works. It worked fine with the old Hoster program. Know that I have 2.0 Hoster I was trying to get the add track button to work. Sony laptop pcg-grx670, big and fast.Congratulations! I never said your computer didn’t work!

Your VAIO is a laptop that has a 40GB Hard Drive and a 2.0GHz processor (very good for Hoster). Having said, how big and how fast has nothing to do whether a program works or doesn’t work. What’s important is that a computer meets specifics minimum requirements to run the software in question. :g

Your computer has a nice big screen, 512MB of DDR RAM and a very nice ATI 750 video card. (also very good for Hoster). However, I am not so sure about your recorder. Some Sony’s support the karaoke specifications and others do not.

Your computer is equipped with a DVD-R/RW combo which records at 1X DVD (plus 4X DVD-R/RW or 8X DVD-ROM playback and 16/10/24X CD-RW performance.)
I tried importing a track from a cdg and I got great sound but no words. What went wrong or what else do I have to do? Did you try importing a different track? How about a track from another CDG?
I also tried to load the cdg on to the hard drive and still did not get any words. The disc is Priddis Pro Sound #1114D. Is this a disc that can't be copied to a hard drive or play on the Hoster? I searched Priddis website and I could not find a Pro Sound #114D. I found #1114, which has a song from the Phantom of the Opera. Is this the same track?

Most importantly, we need to know IF your DVD-R/WR – CD-R/W combo supports karaoke. I have no idea!

Perhaps MTU support or someone else in these forums knows IF it does, if not, I suggest you check with Sony tech support.

Both, your computer and Hoster work! We just have to find the right combination. :g

Good luck,

Jon

jimbo
May 12th, 2003, 05:20 PM
In response to your first post. Priddis #1114D is AUDIO ONLY, not CDG. Priddis CDG discs would have the four digit numbers and then a "G" (for example #1499G Josh Groban) not "D". The reason for this being publishers not giving permission to print lyrics to the song. With publishers refusing to print lyrics, the Karaoke companies also do not have permission to CDG these songs. My suggestion would be to download the lyrics from the internet, use KHpro to do the CDG yourself then burn your CDG (One copy only - your backup copy, legally only for your use). The question comes - Why can you find it CDG from other companies? The other companies aren't legally obtaining liscenses.

Jimbo