PDA

View Full Version : Error Message: "Failed to load DLL -isuser"

admin
April 28th, 2003, 06:43 PM
There are several customers who are reporting this error message. So far, we can make these statements:

1. The _isuser.dll file is included on our CDROM in one of the .cab files. We install this DLL file!

2. This error only appears when installing on Windows XP Home, not 2000 or XP Pro.

3. The problem occurs if you have not done all the Windows XP Home upgrades from Microsoft. Go to Microsoft's web site and upgrade your Windows. To do this, click the Start button, then Windows Updates. Then install Hoster 2.011 and the DLL error should no longer appear.

This is an example of how writing a good program to run on Windows 2000 and XP Pro, can still have a problem on some versions of Windows. This is part of the surprises we all receive from Redmond, Wa (Microsoft headquarters). :r

MTUSUPPORT
April 30th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Clients fixed this DLL problem by connecting to the Internet, then clicking the Start button > Windows Update. Make sure that you download ALL of the updates that Windows shows on their update site for your computer.

Mr Music
May 2nd, 2003, 01:29 PM
Well i got my 2.0 installed by doing all and I mean all MS updates!

I'm ready to go import disc ony to find that all the chartbuster pro contry are all wrong has this or will this be fixed? I really do not want to type in 250 disc.

As i have typed most of them in my speedbook database over the years already.

chris

mgrowolski
May 16th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I also had the same problem with a brand new Dell which I got today.

I had to install the service pack 1 update and then the Hoster software went on very easily.