PDA

View Full Version : Playing CDG's on computer

silverea
April 27th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I have 2 computers and have MicroStudio 2.4 installed on both, Windows 98 and DirectX 9.0 in both. I previously left a question regarding "Error messages" on my one computer and forgot to ask about my other computer... 3 weeks ago I had to have a computer tech crash my second computer and start all over from scratch, since then, when I play a CDG using my MicroStudio program, the music plays great, but the video is all garbled...could you please help me out with this issue.
Thanks.

mlepine
April 28th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Silverea,

Can you please tell us the brand of your burner & also wich Windows version?

For example: Xp will enable the DMA by default and if your using a Yamaha burner your graphic will be all destroyed.

Regards

silverea
April 28th, 2003, 02:39 PM
I have Windows 98 2nd Edition and a Plex Writerr24/10/40A

thomasmorgan
September 17th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I had the same problem when I updated to 2.506.I solved It by changing my resolutation from true color 16 to true color 24. By going to start,settings,control panel and then click on the Display icon, then select Settings and you will see the proper way to make these changes. It worked for me

George
September 17th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Changing video and audio hardware accellerators has helped in some 98SE situations such as has been described.

Video Hardware accellerator:

R.Click on any blank area of desktop
L.Click on PROPERTIES
L.Click onSETTINGS
L.Click on ADVANCED
L.Click on PERFORMANCE
Move the hardware accellerator slide all the way to the left to NONE
Apply settings and exit...don't reboot yet

Now go into CONTROL PANEL
Go into MULTIMEDIA
At PLAYBACK menu select preferred device(sound card)
L.Click ADVANCED PROPERTIES
L.Click PERFORMANCE
Move HARDWARE ACCELLERATOR slider all the way to the left to NONE
Move SAMPLE RATE CONVERSION QUALITY all the way to the left to GOOD
Apply settings and exit.

Now re-boot the pc.

Hope this helps,

George

MTUSUPPORT
September 18th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Silverea,
Please make sure that you have Updated your Video Drivers for your Video card. This is probably what the problem is with your system. Please make sure that you run all of the Windows Updates also, by clicking on the Start Menu, Windows Updates.

This should fix your problems.