PDA

View Full Version : Audio Glitches

James w murray
April 26th, 2003, 12:37 PM
hey guys was wondering if any of you are having the problems with audio i am. i have a lot of songs that skip close to the beginning of the music for a few seconds kind of like a hiccup.
i have noticed that if i wait about a minute and a half between songs playing it seems to do it less
i have also noticed that once the song stops the cpu processing light keeps blinking for about 90 secs and if i wait for it to stop and them start the song it usually plays ok could this be a memory problem i have 256 on my prostar laptop gonna upgrade it monday to 1024
any suggestions?:f

nreel
May 3rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
I have imported 136 SC discs and I recently noticed this same "glitch" at the beginning of songs.

When the music starts, it just stops, and then restarts...about a second later. Other than bothersome, this is only a "problem" when a song has a very short (1-3 beats) intro.

I re-imported with my backup discs and, at first, thought this would do the trick as all tracks played normally, but, on subsequent disc imports, I was still getting glitches.

Then, I tried to re-import the original a second time but still had glitches.

One disc, I had to import the same, individual, song three (3) times to get it to play correctly.

I rebuilt the songs database...no help.

I imported making sure the "Play List" blank screen was not showing...no help.

I set the READ speed to 8...no help.

I stopped and re-started Hoster...no help.

I checked the integrity of several CDG tracks by using the "Add CD Track" and playing them in HOSTER...all OK

I kind of wish I had Hoster 1.028 to see if importing into that version would still play correctly on 2.011.

The only thing I have not done is to disable Normalization.

Norm

James w murray
May 4th, 2003, 02:39 PM
don't bother with the normalization key it dosen't work to correct the problem ither
some discs it has taken me up to 5 hours to get imported correctly
mtu is changing the way the play button works to see if this will fix the problem
it does it with brand new discs as well as old
the solution i have right now is to import it with microstudio to the hard drive assign it a different book number when i print out the books (example ms-110)
then when someone picks this number i know it is under microstudio so i open microstudio and play it from there its a pain but it works for now any song i can't import after 5 attempts i just inport as a cdg file, it uses more space on the hard drive but you will keep your sanity this way (lol)

nreel
May 4th, 2003, 11:54 PM
I tried a little test to see if this would work, and, so far, it has.

I used Microstudio to COPY ten (10) discs: SoundChoice Numbers 8459, 8460, 8462, 8466, 8467, 8475, 8477, 8478, 8479, and 8486. Then, I used the COPIED discs to import. All played properly…NO GLITCHES.

I figured that, if I am using MTU software to import and, ultimately, use this imported data, I better use properly laid-out MTU media from a Disc COPIED by MTU software.

The only difference is that I disabled the MTU ASPI driver in Microstudio because I needed to run other Duplicating/Ripping software and found that I could not RUN these other programs with the MTU ASPI driver enabled.

Since I already had disabled the MTU ASPI driver to get my other programs to work, I went ahead and did my Duplication without it enabled.

Of course, I am doing all this Duplication on a computer that I DO NOT use for HOSTER. Otherwise, one could argue that I may have done something, with respect to the HOSTER setup, that has caused this Audio Glitch.

I am just GLAD, HAPPY, SATISFIED, IN SEVENTH HEAVEN, etc. that I didn’t IMPORT all my Discs before running across this problem.

I had made a set of BACKUP copies before, with other programs, but I got lazy and I only wrote the Disc number on the labels…WITHOUT the Song listings. This became a problem over the years because, if my Song Book was wrong, I could not look at the Disc’s label and verify that the requested song was on that Disc. So, I needed to make another set of Backup Discs with the proper labels on them. I’ll just do it as I IMPORT.

Just another note, I used some of these Backup Discs, made by other programs, and I still had problems with AUDIO GLITCHES.

Remember, this was only a TEN (10) SoundChoice Disc test.

Also, I noticed that , if you IMPORT one Track at a time (very time consuming), there is no AUDIO GLITCH.

Hope this helps,

Norm

admin
June 3rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
There was a bug in the Import code that activated on some computers, and on some discs. What a mess!

We fixed it in 2.012, but there was a problem installing the Access Database Jet Engine as a new install (as a repair, it works fine). We hope to have this out as 2.013 for testing today.

Beavis
June 3rd, 2003, 06:50 PM
thanks MTU !!!

Wayne White
June 3rd, 2003, 09:26 PM
This has only happened once. The graphics kept going but the music dropped out all together about half way through a song. The next song was fine & there were no other problems. I tried playing the song later & it played fine.

Wayne

mkirkpat
June 7th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Brand new install of Hoster 2.012 on Dell P4 2.4Ghz w/1GB RAM, imported 8 brand new un-opened NuTECH disks, about half songs skipped in intro. However, importing 1 track at a time did work. When's 2.013 shipping with this fix?? Will take forever to copy library one track at a time? Also, since I don't do this professionally and my livelihood is not depdant on my Hoster app, i'm willing to Beta Test any release MTU wants to send me for this fix. or any others.:f

Beavis
June 7th, 2003, 06:02 AM
man i hope the next version comes out soon !!

the skipping really sucks !!

Wayne White
June 14th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I have guys running most of my shows these days so I don't always know about problems unless I stop by a show or somebody bothers to tell me.

We have been changing speaker wires, unplugging & plugging back in etc. a lot lately. I was a little slow to pick up on this but, I'm think this is possibly the 'audio glitch' people have mentioned previously.

Our audio glitch is not a skip, but static that ends once the song gets rolling. It *****s sound I would normally expect from a bad speaker cord.

I have not imported any new songs since going to the new release, but, have several to import & am wondering if I should wait for a 'fix to hoster' first.

When can we expect a new release that resolves this. It may not even bother the customers, but, it really annoys me because I consider my company to be the best in the area & it sounds like we have faulty equipment on a lot of song beginnings.

Wayne

mikedomi
June 14th, 2003, 01:23 PM
sounds like something we had with the laptop.we were using 2 firewire box they were not the same make 1 was kma file the other was dj mp3 the mp3 were on a older modle firewire it sounds just like what you were saying about your hoster muisc if your hard drive is larger than 120 gig you have to use the newer firewire box that will support the big drive.what we found belive it or not was the 2 firewire boxs did not like each other one was new tech and the other was old tech.
on the other hand we do not have this with our lunch box computerit runs ok other than audio drop i dont think what you have has to do with hoster in may be in laptop if that is what you have or in firewire box mike

Wayne White
June 15th, 2003, 01:22 PM
My static problem just started after the new install of Hoster.

This is happening on HP Pavilion laptops - Model ze5170, only 40 Gig hard drive on them & not using any externals at all 512 Mg Ram on 1 - & 768 on the other (just updated & did not resolve problem).

Wayne

mikedomi
June 15th, 2003, 07:04 PM
one other thing this static that is happing only happens on win xp pro does not happen on 2000 have a good one mike

Wayne White
June 18th, 2003, 11:30 PM
I have read posts that lead me to believe that the current version of Hoster may have importing problems. Is this correct????

I have 10 new discs I want to get imported, but, not if they aren't going to play properly. Is there a known problem? if so, is there a fix coming soon?

Wayne

mkirkpat
June 18th, 2003, 11:53 PM
yes Wayne..i imported over 100 CDG's using Hoster and the Plextor USB drive into a P4 2.4Ghz machine with 1GB RAM...70% of the songs imported skip during the intro. Unable to see any pattern..so it's hit & miss. I asked about a fix on the forum back a few posts...no answer or reply from MTU as of yet.

Beavis
June 21st, 2003, 06:49 AM
this program has a major bug in it !! the old version (1.208) never acted like this version.

MTU i hope there will be a fix soon !

dpreeves
June 27th, 2003, 09:27 AM
I have posted this problem in another thread, and just noticed it here. Have there been any solutions to this? Out of about 500 songs, half of them have the start/stop/start at the beginning. Have imported with different drives, speeds, computers, same problem, no real pattern.