PDA

View Full Version : Key Change for the "Add CD Trk"

nreel
April 24th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Even though Hoster 2.011 is not able, at this time, to initiate a "Key Change" ( on-the-fly or otherwise) under the "Add CD Trk" option, I wish to report that the Realtek AC '97 Audio Contoller, built into my Motherboard, will allow for a "on-the-fly" "key Change" (+/- 4) in the "AC 97 Audio Configuration Manager" under the "Sound Effect" tab (see Karaoke section).

Hope this helps those KJ's, using this audio configuration, who may not have been aware of this feature and, of course, have Singers who need a "Key Change" when they hand you their Disc to play.

Norm

admin
April 28th, 2003, 11:34 AM
nreel, please post how you activate the key change on your motherboard so others will know. :w

The player code for a CDG disc based song is entirely different from what is used for a KMA file stored on the hard drive. Thus it is not a simple matter to make this happen. We are expecting to add the key change of an Added CDG song into Hoster 2.1.

kedmison
April 28th, 2003, 03:10 PM
MTU

My laptop with Hoster has worked great, however I am having a major problem with my dual hard drives. My laptop has 2- 60 gig hard drives with the Direct Image Program to insure back up. In fact I believe mine was the first one you put in.

When I first recieved the laptop I assumed that the Direct Image Program was automatic. When I discovered that it wasn't I ran the program once with success. However over the last few months it will not work. As a matter of fact sometimes the computer recognizes the D: drive and sometimes not. When the computer does see it and I try to run Direct Drive I get an Error #626. I have gone to their web site and there are three posssiblities. However my concern is that maybe there might be more of a problem with the D: drive than the program. At lunch the D: drive was visiable. I tried to run Direct Drive and recieved the Error #626. When the machine booted back up the D: drive was no longer seen anywhere. It seems to come and go.

Where do I start?

Kelly:f

nreel
April 28th, 2003, 08:58 PM
I am using 2 computers with Aopen Motherboards that have built-in audio. VIA APOLLO AK77-8X MAX and VIA APOLLO AK77-333. I have, also, downloaded and installed the latest BIOS and DRIVERS for these Motherboards.

I understand that some of you prefer other Sound Cards and choose not to use “on-board” sound devices.

“Soundman.exe” is using the AC97 Codec to interface with Windows.

There is a Square Blue icon in the System Tray with yellow radial lines. Upon clicking on this icon, the “AC97 AUDIO CONFIGURATION” window appears.

There are 5 category tabs across the top that are labeled:

"SOUND EFFECT" "EQUALIZER" "SPEAKER CONFIGURATION" "SPEAKER TEST" "GENERAL"

FYI, under the GENERAL tab this Information shows:

AUDIO DRIVER VERSION:---5.10.0.3830
DIRECTX VERSION:--------DIRECTX 8 OR BETTER
AUDIO CONTROLLER:------VIA 8233
AC97 CODEC:-------------ALC650

Under the SOUND EFFECT tab is where you will find the “Environment” and “Karaoke” functions.

In the “Karaoke” section there is a “Key” section where the “Key” may be changed +\-4.

When the queued disc is ready to play, bring up the “AC97 AUDIO CONFIGURATION” window and set the requested “Key Change.”

The key may be changed “on-the-fly” if the song starts before you make the “Key Change” and/or if the Singer requests that you change the key during the song.

I understand that there are video considerations expressed by others in this forum with respect to running other programs and/or minimizing the “Hoster window.” This includes the second display going blank, so, I would suggest that the key change be set, prior to “Play.”

I have not had the opportunity to test a second display, but I think that, if you keep the “AC97 AUDIO CONFIGURATION “window” ON TOP during “Play,” you should be able to make further “Key” changes without interruption to the second display.

Hope this Helps,
Norm