PDA

View Full Version : oh boy..... more problems...

Shade
April 18th, 2003, 05:20 PM
I got Kpro installed, finally! Now Gramps and I are having yet another kpro problem. Whenever we try to add lyrics to the music, we run out of room! I know this program works, we're just too dimwitted to figure it out I guess. lol. But anyway, we usually get a screen worth of lyrics added to the music file, but Kpro won't let us add anymore! We run out of room to type. How can I get the rest of the lyrics on the screen? is there a way to open a second lyric page or something? I tried about everything, but i can't figure this thing out. :? Any ideas?

jahern
April 18th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I usually do my lyrics on Microsoft Word then import them into KHPRO by copying and pasting. It's easier to edit that way, etc. I'm not sure that I understand your difficulty. Does it seem that original typing, in the program itself, is limited? I am going to test whether it will accept a paste of much greater size. Sometimes when I have tried to do some editing in the program itself, I have felt limited. I forget exactly what the limitation was; changing lines or something maybe. I have never been refused a paste of an edited text, however.

George
April 18th, 2003, 09:16 PM
By running out of room do you mean the words run off the edges of the screen when you go to the place lyrics screen for sweeping ?

If this is so, you are typing too many characters to a line. The program does not function like a word processor and take you to a new line when you reach the "margin".

You need to decide which font and size you prefer, and find out how many characters including spaces you can put on a line without running off the edge of the screen.

For example I prefer Arial size 26. I cannot go over 20 characters and spaces to a line. Once you get used to this, it's easy to control it visually.

Hope this was what you were referring to.

George