PDA

View Full Version : Song Data Base

bspaint
April 17th, 2003, 01:52 PM
I was notified that hoster2 will be sent to me by cdrom. My first question is will the song data base change any of the corrections that I have made already? My second question is will I be able to install hoster2 on a different computer, because The computer ! am using now does not always startup correctly, unless I push the F8 key at the right time. Hoster is a great program and I have not had any problems at all other than alot of disc incorrectly entered in the data base. Thanks for your help Bill

Flipeoke
April 17th, 2003, 02:17 PM
My understanding is that the title/artist information is stored in the header of the .kma files, so anything you have already imported, will not be changed. Of course this is just my understanding, and I could be wrong. (Yes, believe it or not, it has been known to happen) :w

Mike

mike37043
April 21st, 2003, 07:38 AM
I recieved my upgrade Sat. Installed it. I fail to see any upgrade on the data base,which is the only thing I've been waiting for to get my lap top in service. Is there anything I could have done wrong,or is the data base not on the disk.I have KJ Pro [edit by Admin] on my home computer and I up grade it monthly.My problem is that the mtu data base is not even close to being upto date.Chartbuster needs upgrading bad

Beavis
April 21st, 2003, 07:47 AM
you will only be able to move it to another computer if you bought a usb ethernet !

mike37043
April 21st, 2003, 08:35 AM
I guess my question is , can you use Kj Pro with hoster?That would solve the data base problem. No matter who has the dtat base you will have to update monthly in order to stay current with new songs.

Flipeoke
April 21st, 2003, 10:14 AM
Did you uninstall the database first before installing the new one? I think I remember someone saying that makes a difference.

MTUSUPPORT
April 21st, 2003, 10:44 AM
When you installed the new Hoster 2.0 from the CD-Rom, it automatically upgrades your Database to the latest version that we have. This has a major upgrade of the track names being fixed for what is on each disc and chartbusters was majorly upgraded I do know.

Please take a look through the bucket.mdb using the import tracks tab, you should see that there are alot of fixes in this from the prior version that you have. If you don't think it updated then what you can do is uninstall the software, uinstall the Hoster Main Database 1.003 from your Add/Remove Programs and then try to reinstall Hoster 2.0. It should then place the latest version of the database on your system for sure.

admin
April 21st, 2003, 09:15 PM
You are correct. The database is only used to fill in the fields when importing. If you manually edit a field, when you execute the import, the field contents are written to the .kma file headers. The database does not modify these.

The new database does have the Chartbuster discs upgraded. The original incorrect track/song assignments came directly from Chartbuster's own web site.

To answer a prior question, KJ Pro cannot be used by Hoster. KJ Pro uses a proprietary database encryption to prevent other programs from accessing its database.

Originally posted by Flipeoke
My understanding is that the title/artist information is stored in the header of the .kma files, so anything you have already imported, will not be changed. Of course this is just my understanding, and I could be wrong. (Yes, believe it or not, it has been known to happen) :w

Mike