PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card options

djmadmaxx
April 15th, 2003, 04:53 PM
How do you change what Sound Card is used with Hoster??. Every Other Media Player i have has a setting to choose this. I have the onboard sound (don't want to use) and Audigy Soundblaster and my favorite.. the M-Audio Delta 410 Multichannel Card. There should be an option for changing audio paths.

jaddams
April 20th, 2003, 07:04 PM
djmadmaxx

Your problems may be very easy to solve. IT'S NOT MTU related, please tell us your Operating System, sound card & computer type..

Than you,

Jon

jaddams
April 20th, 2003, 07:05 PM
James,

Which sound card do you have?

Jon

James w murray
April 20th, 2003, 07:18 PM
hi the sound card is the realtek AC'97 audio

djmadmaxx
April 20th, 2003, 08:05 PM
windows xp pro
2.53 ghz p4
1024 ram
rackmount custom built computer
the main soundcard is the delta 410, i also have and audigy soundblaster and the onboard sound as well

jaddams
April 21st, 2003, 02:37 AM
Djmadmaxx,

You should be able to change your audio path to your M-Audio Delta 410 (nice card. :g) Changing audio path is an Operating System function.

In Windows XP:

1. Click on Start
2. Control Panel
3. Sounds and Audio Devices
4. Sounds
5. Arrow down and select your preferred “Audio Device”

IF your device does not show, you may not have the proper or later drivers installed. Here is a link for the Delta 410 latest drivers. Make sure to read the “readme file” included in the download for specific instructions on installing the drivers.

http://www.midiman.net/support/driversearch.php

The drivers version you want is 5.10.0027

Please let us know if this help.

Regards,

Jon

P.S. Some sound devices don't work too well with other likewise devices. You may have to disable one, or possibly two of your cards for certain appications.

James w murray
April 21st, 2003, 07:03 AM
jon i downloaded the delta 410 file but can't get it to install i extracted all the file to the my documents folder and clicked on every file extracted with no result i didn't see a read me file attached there was a set up file but i could not find n the information how to set it up are you sure this sound card is on my unit i can't find it anywhere the only one that registers is the reltek AC 97
AH HELP HELP:s :m :f

djmadmaxx
April 21st, 2003, 01:59 PM
ok, thanks for the suggestions. I was aware of how to change the default soundcard, but i has hoping for an option directly through HOSTER for a rought change. I also run BPM studio and/or American DJ pro MIx and have each player assigned to a peticular output of the delta 410. I want to have each player including hoster on a totally different channel. each player has it's own channel on my denon dj mixer. even my music match program has this option. maybe this could be added to the next update.