PDA

View Full Version : loud static when trying to play

tcgacs
April 15th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I am testing hoster and Microstudio for a local bar. Everything seems to work okay, but when I try to play a track I get a loud static that has a beat to it overtop of the song and no lyrics in the window, almost like the graphics are trying to play though the sound card. I am using cd+g disks that play fine in his Sonys. The songs react the same way from either program but the cd audio plays fine in Windows media player. I am using Windows XP Home on an IBM 300GL (PIII-733MHz), an Nivida Gforce2 (64Mb AGP), ESS Allegro Sound card and GCE 8240B CDRW.

Any help would be appreciated as he seriously wants to get away from the disks.

MTUSUPPORT
April 16th, 2003, 01:14 PM
This problem is the GCE CD-R drive. It is listed as incorrectly showing Yes for Karaoke at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106

The only drives that will correctly work are the Plextor brand of drives. These other drives partially support the CD+G, but not enough for it to correctly work. This is the reason it does this.

tcgacs
April 16th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the response. I switched to a Plextor drive and the problem cleared up. I forgot to post again to let you know what I had found.

Ken Inman
TCG Affordable Computer Solutions