PDA

View Full Version : Sound Choice ended Mediacloq protection!!!

kjzone
April 14th, 2003, 08:42 AM
SoundChoice has discontinuted putting MediaCloq protection scheme. They used it on 35 Discs only.

Apparently this is in response to Philips NV (holds about 90% of patents pertaining to CD authoring) demands that they immediately stop using the MediaCloq, as it violates certain aspects of their patent.

If you have a SoundChoice MediaCloq protected discs Sound Choice will replace these with a NON-MediaCloq Protected Disc by calling their 800 number.

Multisession protected discs have a data track for the last track, such as track 16 when there are 15 CDG Tracks.

videoman
February 14th, 2004, 11:56 AM
what should I do about getting the last track into my computer?

George
February 14th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Some forum members have reported success on multi-session disc copying, by ejecting the disc from the drive after it has entered the extra track where the data is.

George

stringer
February 14th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Which 35 discs did Sound Choice use mediacloq protection on?

admin
February 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by kjzone
If you have a SoundChoice MediaCloq protected discs Sound Choice will replace these with a NON-MediaCloq Protected Disc by calling their 800 number.

This is the best answer to your MediaCloq discs. Replace them while you can! :w

songpony
March 31st, 2004, 04:24 PM
I have one MediaCloq disk from Sound Choice, and I've gotten no response from them regarding my inquiry to have the disk replaced. I was obviously unable to load it into Hoster, HOWEVER Microstudio was able to read the disk. It took nearly 2 hours for it to copy to my hard drive, but I was able to burn it onto another disk and Hoster read it just fine.

jsmith
March 31st, 2004, 04:48 PM
Songpony, what did you do to get it to download. I've tried everything without success. BTW, SC will replace Media-Cloq CD's but they charge a "handling fee" of $6.00. That is $6.00 per CD and they will not work with you on that.

songpony
April 1st, 2004, 02:27 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't do anything special at all. I have Microstudio version 2.506 (an MTU product), and it was able to read it in to the hard drive in the normal karaoke format (used for copying a CD). Like I said, it took forever, but it worked. Then I just used Microstudio to copy the tracks from the hard drive to a new disk, and Hoster was able to import from that one with no problems.

SteveWalker
April 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kjzone
Multisession protected discs have a data track for the last track, such as track 16 when there are 15 CDG Tracks. [/B]

kjzone, I have SC8752 and if you look at the directory listing it shows autorun.inf and a folder named "autorun" with 27 files in it. All visible files are less than 700k in size.

Can Hoster import this cdg? If not, do you know of a solution. My CDRWIN does not support more than one session in version 3.9E. Golden Hawk is working on a fix but will take several months.

Note that my PlayCDG PE can play any song on SC8752 with no problems.

Steve

mlepine
April 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Can you import into your hard drive first with Microstudio and check the selected tracks?

Than you can burn a disk that you will use to import in your hard drive with Hoster.

I've noticed that when you burn a cdg using CDRWIN it will not play properly with Microstudio but it will be fine on a home player.

Good Luck

jsmith
April 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Steve,
I know of two different ways to import multi-session discs to Hoster and one of these will do the Media-Cloq discs. I am also aware of another software program that will copy all of the Sound Choice discs. But as someone stated before it is bad manners to post competing software brand names on the MTU Forum. E-mail me at jsmith1537@comcast.net and I will be glad to help you out. John

SteveWalker
April 11th, 2004, 09:01 PM
can Hoster import the SC8752 CDG? Anyone know?

Steve