PDA

View Full Version : Hoster settings

Mr Music
April 9th, 2003, 01:50 AM
What is every one useing for thier settings for importing disc and how have the results been?

I was using 96 k and the defalt settings on my DK discs but it sounds to compressed and seems recorded to low.

Whats your thoughts?

Chris

kedmison
April 9th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Chris,

I experimented for quite awhile before I made up my mind. I did one discs in both 128k and 96k and listened for what I thought was the best sound. techniquely, yes, it will sound better with less compression but I urge you to really listen and try to tell the difference. My laptop runs through a Mackie CFX-12 mixer. What very little noticable difference in 128k and 96k I was able to adjust with the mixer where no difference could be detected. Therefore I opted to go with 128K and save a little more room on the hard drive. Try the same songs at different compression and invite a few people in to listen to which they think sounds best. You might be suprised. Good Luck.

Kelly

Mr Music
April 9th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Correct me if I am Wrong but isint 96 k a tighter compression making the file smaller?

I was Told the 96k in this format wma is like a 128 k in mp3 format. I do my mp3 for PCDJ in 128 and it proves to be pretty darn good but the 128k with hoster is like double inside.

Any idea on this.

Chris

kedmison
April 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Chris,

Yes, the 96k is a tighter compression than the 128k. As I had said, I couldn't tell enoguh difference in quality so I went with the tighter compression (96) to save a little more space on the hard drive. How it compares to MP3 I'm not sure. I did do some research on the web a while back in the difference between wma and MP3. I would say that 9 out of 10 of the sites that I checked stated that wma had a better sound quality. You might go to google and check out the different articles.

Kelly

Mr Music
April 9th, 2003, 07:07 PM
OK I am useing the 96K as well I guess I read your post wrong sounded like you were useing the 128k. Have you messed around with the other settings for Compression and limiting?

Chris

kedmison
April 10th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Chris,

No I haven't used the other settings yet,...and also you need to make sure you use the the right post for these questions, we're in the testamonial section.

Kelly:)