PDA

View Full Version : Which way did he go, George? (The Basics?)

CliffWalker
April 1st, 2003, 09:38 PM
Methinks I'm usually pretty bright, but sometimes I'm the biggest http://www.positiveatheism.org/pix/yayhoo.gif that I've ever even HEARD of!

Please hear me out:

Okay, I get ALL four programs installed successfully (I think; I hope: I KNOW KHPro and Studio are installed and working).

Then I click the Vogone tab and find the path.

Then I click the button that says, "Run Vogone."

Okay.

Then what?

I'm SERIOUS! What do I do NEXT?

No new buttons appear, no new menu items -- even double-clicking the vogone2.exe file does little more than keep my index finger in shape!

Is this thing installed right? What should I expect?

Maybe what I need is something halfway between what the Help screen offers and an "Idiot's Guide" book on this thing. Maybe I even need "The Idiot's Guide to the Idiot's Guide to Vogone"!

Cliff Walker
Song and Dance

kjzone
April 2nd, 2003, 10:24 AM
CliffWalker..........

1. Click on the Vogone Tab.
2. Click on the Find Tab
3. Direct he Program Folder to:

C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Vogone 2\Vogone2.exe

4. Then when you Click on the "Run Vogone" Tab, should start the Vogone program.

5. You do the same basic procedure for Keyrite.

admin
April 2nd, 2003, 03:38 PM
If you used Explorer to locate the vogone.exe file and double clicked that, if it did not run it is not installed correctly. :e

Uninstall it and install it again. Be careful to not have a space in the Serial Number field when you past the SN into it. That can prevent it from working.

CliffWalker
April 3rd, 2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks!

Reinstalling it did the trick (over the old program, as there is no uninstall that I can see). I now get a full window with lots of sliders and buttons and stuff! Imagine my confusion wondering if this thing runs in the background!

Cliff Walker
Lost Cat Poetry
Song and Dance Entertainment

George
April 3rd, 2003, 12:48 PM
Cliff,
Glad you lucked out reinstalling over an existing program. Sometimes that doesn't work too well. If you ever need to reinstall, upgrades, etc. Go to the CONTROL PANEL, open the ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS, find the one you need to delete, click on it and follow the prompts. Suggest re-booting before you begin the new installation.

Take care,

George

CliffWalker
April 3rd, 2003, 05:24 PM
I looked for it in Control Panel and there was no uninstall there (as I obliquely mentioned). It's there now, but Keyrite is not. I'll go ahead and reinstall over Keyrite, as well, since I am having the same problem with both programs.

Cliff Walker, the abject http://www.positiveatheism.org/pix/yayhoo.gif from The City
Lost Cat Poetry
Song and Dance Entertainment