PDA

View Full Version : help! advice on karaoke/ pc set up

eottoni
April 1st, 2003, 04:41 PM
hello all,

i'm new to the karaoke world and would like some advice. i have a recording studio set up in my place and people are asking me to record their kareoke. they have cd+g discs as well as dvds. i want to know the easiest and cheapest way of playing a cd+g disc in my PC, edit it, and then reburn it. It seems all the info out there is specific to one product and i don't have money to waste on trying out products that won't be adaptable to my needs. your advice would be totally helpful.

thanks, eduardo :?

jaddams
April 1st, 2003, 04:56 PM
Eduardo,

MTU’s Karaoke products page has an excellent description of everything they do. You will probably find you answer there.

You can even download FREE demos so you can try the programs to your heats content. You can gain first hand experience by playing with the demos.

Here is the link:

http://www.mtu.com/karaoke-products.htm

Good luck,

Jon

jim in ohio
April 2nd, 2003, 08:18 AM
eduardo,
You first want to check the copyright laws, you will find most KJ's have the ability to record customers, but DON'T...

Jim

kjzone
April 2nd, 2003, 11:33 AM
eottoni........

Need to know STEP by STEP what you do now when recording a singer, including all Hardware and Software.

admin
April 2nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Duplicating someone's CDG or DVD discs are a direct violation of FEDERAL LAW and you will lose all your studio gear if you are caught doing this.

If your customers want to get different compilations of songs from discs they already have, and they will not use the new discs while the originals are also in use, then it is a backup. If they use both at the same time, they are violating FEDERAL LAW and can lose all their equipment. Be very careful... simply because someone asks you do to this, if it is illegal, don't do it. Life is too short for the few bucks you will be paid.

Now, as to "editing" CDG discs, there really is no way to edit these in any significant way. If you want to take entire songs off and recompile them in a different order or with different songs, this is possible with our Microstudio software. If you want to change the lyrics in a CDG song, you can use Microstudio to import the music, and KPro to add the lyrics to it from the start. However, if you are using a copyrighted CDG disc for the music, be careful not to violate copyright law again. As a professional studio, you should be aware of the limitations of using others works to create new works that you do not pay royalties on. :e

kjzone
April 2nd, 2003, 04:29 PM
eottoni.........

1. If you want Hardware to simply play a CD+G Disc that has Right and Left Audio Outputs as well as a Video Output ....suggest the Singing Machine SMG-128 available at Sears for about $69.95.

http://www.singingmachine.com/products.asp?pid=33

2. The CD+G will play in any CD Player for Audio Only.

3. The MTU product MicroStudio will Play the CD+G on your Computer for Audio and Video (the Graphics/Words)

jaddams
April 2nd, 2003, 04:47 PM
3. The MTU product MicroStudio will Play the CD+G on your Computer for Audio and Video.
:? :? :? :?

Don't you mean, audio and graphics?

Just a question.

Regards,

Jon

kjzone
April 2nd, 2003, 04:52 PM
jaddams........

Yes, Video = Graphics/Words

jaddams
April 2nd, 2003, 05:42 PM
Kjzone,

Some people understand video as "moving pictures" like those of the old Laser Karaoke. Didn''t want to confuse anybody. No offense intended.

Regards,

Jon

eottoni
April 8th, 2003, 03:52 AM
thanks for all your help everyone.

e