PDA

View Full Version : VDG Discs Importing

bubba1453
April 1st, 2003, 04:00 PM
Hi out there! Can Hoster import VDG Discs. I Have 10 of them. Will the program at least import the words and music? Thanks to anyone who answers.

Bob Stevens
Toledo, ohio

I am talking about Video Karaoke Discs. They are original footage and work very well when played in a JVc player. They do not play in Micro Studio.:?

danny_g
April 3rd, 2003, 10:08 AM
Those discs are VCD Karaoke which can be brought into you computer easily enough video and all. playable in media player.
I will come back and let you know where to look for the files as I own one Original footage disc. Got it because of Black Magic Woman. Don't know if you are able to use it in hoster yet but don't believe they've done the code for that yet. Take a look at their specs on the website for what is planned for Ver 2.

admin
April 3rd, 2003, 02:59 PM
There is a real question you can answer for us. Do you want us to import a VCD track to the hard drive, then allow you to add it (in the Add HD Track dialog) to the Playlist, or... do you want us to allow you to play it from the VCD disc (like the Add CD Track dialog)?

There is no more compression we can do do a VCD or DVD so it will take a LOT of disc storage per song.

bubba1453
April 3rd, 2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. Out of 400 Cdg discs I have only 10 VCD Discs. Do not want to take up all that drive space for just 10 discs.The CD tracks function would do just fine. Besides the Hoster program, we have a JVC player available for people that bring in discs.

Bob Stevens

admin
April 8th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Bob, we were thinking that it is best for us to allow playing VCD and DVD discs using our Add CD Track operation that does not save the image on the hard drive for future playback. Your "vote" helped confirm our direction a little bit more. :w

danny_g
April 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM
I vote with bob. If the choice is either not having to carry my 6 VCD's, which I am not using now anyway, and more space for more songs on the hard drive- I'd rather carry a 24 cd pouch that contains the VCD's.

Wayne White
April 8th, 2003, 05:13 PM
I have quite a large collection of DVD Music Videos that I go through & convert the ones I want to play to VCD to save space & store them on an external USB Hard Drive. Hopefully Hoster can be set up to access these files for VCD instead of automatically assuming the track will be in a CD Tray. I don't need a means to import these to the laptop, just the ability to select where the are stored. I would like something similar to this for WMA files so we don't have to store them in the KMA folder. I can continue to play them with other software, but the ability to drop them inot the Hoster show would be great, plus eliminate the probelms associated with having several programs open all night...Wayne

songpony
August 14th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I would really like to have the flexibility of having VCD, LD and DVD files (converted to a VCD mpeg-1 format) played through Hoster via either the hard drive or a CD/DVD drive. I have quite a few laser disks and I would rather carry around an external hard drive (a 250 meg drive would hold over 3000 such songs) than have to burn all those songs onto dozens and dozens of CDs in a VCD format, have to carry them around to shows, and then load them each time someone wants one of those songs. It would be nice if those of us who don't mind using hard disk space were able to make use of that as well. :)