PDA

View Full Version : Upward key changes produce click in .cdg file.

Don Thomas
March 21st, 2003, 12:44 PM
I started using Keyrite in May 2001. I have used versions 1.108, 1.202 and 1.302. I have upgraded computers several times and have used Keyrite on an Emachine, Compaq and two HP's. On all computers and with all versions, anytime I key change a .cdg file upward an audible click is added at the start of the new file. The click is heard anytime I play the file with Microstudio or use a CD created by Microstudio. The click is not present if the key change is downward or if the file is a .wav file. It only happens on a .cdg file key changed upward.

If I open Keyrite and open a .cdg file, I can hear the click as soon as I choose the number of keys to change the file. If I choose -5 through 0, no click is heard. If I choose +1 through +5, a click is produced as soon as I click the box selecting the key change factor. Please help!

George
March 21st, 2003, 02:14 PM
Don,

I don't have a clue as to what's happening, but am curious. If you click +5, then, before the music starts, immediately come down to what you really want, say +3( really anything less than +5) do you still get the click when coming down from +5 ? If not, perhaps that could be a temporary work around for you until an answer is found. Obviously that wouldn't do you any good if you want +5.

George

Don Thomas
March 21st, 2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for such a quick reply, George. I tried your suggestion and even though the click is still there at the very start, there is not another click when I come down to another + setting. I created a new file with the key change after moving it to a lower setting and the click was still present when I played the new file. George, please open a .cdg file on your computer with Keyrite and choose a + setting for the key change and see if you hear a click in your speakers just a split second after you make the selection. Thanks again for your help. On another note, Keyrite is a great program. It allows me to carry my own CD's anywhere with the key already exactly where I want it. No more worring if the KJ has a key changer or if he knows how to use it. Much less hassle. I love it.

George
March 21st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Don,

I couldn't get it to click. I purposely chose a cdg that I had added a 10 second silence at the beginning for a countdown. I figured that way any click wouldn't get covered up. Tried it several times at different settings. Nothing.

Wish I could help further.

take care,

George

admin
March 21st, 2003, 04:31 PM
Gentlemen, we will work hard to track down and remove this bug. The more you can give us to re-create it, the better.

We have Keyrite under development to add a new Advanced Features button to allow adjusting out the echo, warbling, etc. effects that can occur on some songs. :c

We don't have a hard date on this, but it will probably be in April or May, not beyond that.