PDA

View Full Version : Vogone on XP

dubbalynn
March 19th, 2003, 09:24 PM
I have just installed Vogone on my computer. I'm using XP and have 256 memory. I have a Creative Soundblaster sound card that works with Cakewalk and Music Studio 7. When I try to play a song with Vogone, a message appears that says I have no sound card installed. What do I do? I have restarted my machine and have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Thanks.:)

MTUSUPPORT
March 20th, 2003, 04:30 PM
I have never heard of this problem. Please post your Dxdiag report onto this post, as stated here http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=322

dubbalynn
March 20th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Thanks. Here's my file.

MTUSUPPORT
March 21st, 2003, 10:19 AM
Here is the type of sound card you have: Creative Sound Blaster PCI

Try getting the latest drivers from: http://www.americas.creative.com/support/files/download.asp?Centric=17&nLangID=1&sDestURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamericas%2Ecreative%2Ecom%2Fsupport%2Ffiles%2Fdownload%2Easp&sRef=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eamericas%2Ecreative%2Ecom%2Fsupport%2Fwelcome%2Easp%3Fcentric%3D17

Try this, if this doesn't help then try changing the Hardware Acceraltion stated in this post: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1796

Let me know what happens.

dubbalynn
March 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I downloaded and installed the new drivers. No help. I then changed the acceleration in my sound card. Went to standard and then to basic and neither of them worked. I'm still getting no sound card installed. The funny thing is, I also ordered and installed Keyrite and it's working perfectly!! Any more suggestions?

admin
March 24th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Keyrite and Vogone use the same technique to play the audio. If Winamp or some other audio playing program is running and has control of the audio card then neither program will work. Make sure you close all other audio programs when using Keyrite or Vogone.

Brian Jackett
February 25th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I have the same problem is there a fix, not impressed so far

gduns - with the Lord
February 25th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I notice from the dxdiag, you dont have the latest. directx is up to 9.0B and this could be the problem also you need to make shure that all windows updates have been done.

Brian Jackett
February 25th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Hi my version is 9.0a and it is a brand new compaq machine with a new version of XP Home on it

Any other ideas

regards

gduns - with the Lord
February 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
SURE,
there is a difference in 9.0a & 9.0b download the update, and do all the windows updates. I just bought a new laptop also, but all that was loaded was windows service pack 1. it took me 2 hours to do all the updates. you need to keep running update, even after it updates and reboots run update again. it updates the updates. Windows is real bad about this. and if all the updates arent done. thing mysteriously quit working, or wont run. Seriously!!

Brian Jackett
February 25th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Ok,

I have activated the windows auto update task, so will have to wait for it to do an update.

Will this update to the 9.0b version as well

regards

gduns - with the Lord
February 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM
nope, it will not update direct x you have to look up direct x on microsoft, and download, then install it. If it were ne instead of waiting on autoupdate, open the internet explorer , go to the tools on the top bar, and windows update. it will take a lot less time. budirect x will be a separate update as i said above.

Brian Jackett
February 25th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Hi,
I have completed the automatic update of xp and installed direct x 9.0b and I still get the error message.

Sound card not installed....

Tried to install on another pc but got error during install

any other ideas

regards

MTUSUPPORT
February 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Brian Jackett,
The Automatic Update won't download the actual updates for core parts of Windows, it will only update the items classified as Critical. Which are mainly for Security.

I would connect to the internet, click on the Start Menu\Windows Update. Make sure that when you run this that you select all of the Updates under Windows XP on the left hand side. Also select all of the updates that are located under Drivers.

This should take care of your problem.

Brian Jackett
February 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Did a scan for updates and it said I did not need any

Next.....

regards

gduns - with the Lord
February 26th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Sound card not installed....

This is a clue right here. More than likely the sound card drivers arent installed. run dxdiag, and post the file here and let's see if it is installed.

or

open control panel....system....device manager, and see if there are any question marks on the devices. that would indicate either a bad sound card, or drivers need to be loaded.

I will not work without the sound card

Brian Jackett
February 26th, 2004, 12:12 PM
All other media uses the sound card perfectly

regards

gduns - with the Lord
February 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
have you tried uninstall and reinstall vogone. the load might have missed something. computers do screw up from time to time.

gduns - with the Lord
February 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
in fact after the update, you will have to reload. i forgot about that one. this may fix it.

Brian Jackett
February 26th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Still not working..... Bored with it now just put it down to experience. Not to pay for things without a demo first

gduns - with the Lord
February 26th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Dont give up so easy. Please post your dxdiag diagnostic file. it may give us a clue. it did with the prevoius user.

dsmail
May 18th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Take a look at the Vogone Forum. Message: No sound card installed. I've had all your problems and your answer just might be the same as mine.

Dave