PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded, but doesn't work.

controlu
March 19th, 2003, 08:55 AM
I have downloaded keyrite and all I get is static when trying to play a file.
I'm using Windows 98 2nd edition
Soundblaster Live 5.1 sound card.

MTUSUPPORT
March 19th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Please make sure that you have upgraded your DirectX as stated at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=772

Let me know if this works or not.

controlu
March 19th, 2003, 12:26 PM
DirextX was 8.1, is now 9 and still nothing but static.

George
March 19th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Can't help but wonder if you are using music imported off a regular audio cd or downloaded from the internet. If downloaded, it may not be in .wav format. If downloaded, try importing a track off an audio cd, and see if you still get the same results.

George

controlu
March 19th, 2003, 06:37 PM
The ones I download will just give me static, but it is a static with a beat, so to speak. It's like it tries to play but just screaches. The store bought ones I can't seem to get the 'puter to recognize when I put them in the CD drive, even though it is one that will burn CDG's, so I can't tell if they would work or not.

MTUSUPPORT
March 20th, 2003, 04:18 PM
George is correct.

Can you import a song directly into the computer from a store bought CD. This way we will know that the song is coming directly from the CD into the .wav file format. Once you do this, using Microstudio or another program. Please then open this file in Keyrite and see what happens.

controlu
March 21st, 2003, 07:57 AM
Opening a .wav file seems to work just fine.
Under "Select Input File Type" a .cdg file is an option. Since I'm working with karaoke files I assumed that I could open this type of file. Wrong!! It would appear that it must be a .wav file, even though karaoke works with the .mp3 variety.
So, the correct process to get it to work is:
1. Convert the .mp3 file to a .wav file.
2. Make the key change and record.
3. Convert from .wav back to .mp3
4. Burn the disk
Seems it would be much easier if Keyrite would work with .mp3 to start with, but
whatever.

George
March 21st, 2003, 08:17 AM
It is not wrong that Keyrite will open CDG Karaoke files. Most all commercial Karaoke CDG's are in .WAV form. Most all the regular Karaoke players recognize .WAV. That's the industry standard, and that's what all the MTU products are geared to, .WAV...

All that aside, glad you found a solution that works fo you:)

George