PDA

View Full Version : No MACID or network adapter found in my PC...

totis
March 14th, 2003, 03:03 PM
I received an e-mail that includes all details for the new Karaoke Pro 4.008 and how to obtain the serial number.
I downloaded the application but doesn’t find any network adapter nor MACID in my computer… What should I do?

George
March 14th, 2003, 03:38 PM
If it is determined that you have no ethernet(network) card in your computer you can go two ways.

You can either have a network card installed in the pc, or purchase a USB ethernet adapter which would sit outside the pc. The advantage with the USB adapter is you can run Kpro on any computer that the USB adapter is plugged into.

George

MTUSUPPORT
March 14th, 2003, 04:18 PM
George is correct,
The new version of KPRO requires you to have a Network card installed in the computer, or you can't use it. This is what the security is tied to.

totis
March 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
How do I install a network card?
Can I find it locally at any PC store or MTU would provide it?

The same question for the USB adapter… it sounds like a much better option…
What should I do?

Thanks a lot for your help.
TOTIS.

George
March 14th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Ethernet cards can be had for just about any price you want to pay, probably an average price would be in the $15.00 to $25.00 range. I've seen them as low as $8.00 or so on the internet, but wonder how good they are.The hooker there is the labor to install, unless you know someone who can do it for you.

The USB ethernet adapter that MTU recommends is a brand called LINKSYS, and is available through Radio Shack(or internet sources) for around $39.95. It should be a matter of Plug And Play self install.

I have no personal knowledge regarding the USB adapter, as I already had networking cards in my pc's before this happened with MTU. If I didn't already have cards installed, then I think I'd opt for the USB route.

If in doubt, you might want to search the Kpro forums. I'm sure there must be someone there who has this device and would be glad to share their thoughts with you.

take care,
George

Here's a link to Radio Shack

http://r3.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp/rmivars%3ftarget=_top?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F013%5F017%5F000&product%5Fid=25%2D3084