PDA

View Full Version : Button Placement Stops The Show

CochrellGary
March 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Well I finally did it, I hit the STOP button in the middle of a song. I have been worried about this since I started using Hoster. While a song is being sung I add songs to the request list. I think we all do this. Well, when I moved the cursor up to the "Add CD Track" button I accidently clicked on the "Stop" button. You DON'T want to do that do you. I just know that this will not be the last time I bring the show to a screeching halt. Of course I will be even more cautious from now on. Has this happened to you yet? A possible solution might be to relocate the "Play/Stop" button. If the "Play/Stop" button was moved to the location now occupied by the "Manual/Auto Play" button this would put a little more distance from the "Add CD Track" button. What do you think?

Fat Fingers Gary

admin
March 12th, 2003, 04:54 PM
What if we moved the whole set of Back-Play-etc buttons to the bottom to the right of the preview window? That would be totally removed from everything else. :?

CochrellGary
March 12th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Bottom right of the Hoster "Play List" tab window has a lot of real estate available. This sounds like the perfect place for these buttons.

Gary

mikedomi
March 12th, 2003, 06:32 PM
yes there is alot of room down there but then you are going from from top left to bottom right to run your show its closer to do it across the top to keep your travle time down . and here is the big one everyone who uses dual mode pulls there add hd track box to bottom right while there doing a show so they can see the play list and leave that box open. open up hoster open up add hd box drag it to the bottom right and you will see what iam talking about mike

PastMember
March 12th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Here's my suggestion for the main control screen. Looking up by disc ID, or manufacturer would then use a seperate box.

http://motownmusic.info/images/NUSCREEN.JPG

The overall box is smaller too.

Beavis
March 12th, 2003, 08:09 PM
This is getting good !!

Wayne White
March 12th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Gary

Although I wasn't there, this has happened to me & was possibly the real problem. The sympatic pad used as a mouse is set by default to accept a tap as a left mouse click. You can turn this off in your mouse configuration.

If you press play & leave the mouse pointer over the play/stop button, when you touch it to move it, it sometimes takes it as a click. This happened to me twice in the same night. Once I figured out what had happened, I changed the setting.

Wayne

CochrellGary
March 13th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Wayne

I've had a hard time trying to use the sympatic pad so have gone to an external mouse. Now my problem is sensitive mouse buttons, can't win. But I do think there needs to be more distance between the "Play/Stop" button and the "Add CD Track" button. Other than that, I love this Hoster program.

Gary

rsmith5102
March 17th, 2003, 09:29 PM
I also made the mistake of stopping play the first couple times running Hoster. It didn't take long to render a habit of immediately moving the pointer after the play button is clicked. I like the proximity of the Add Tracks button at the top of the screen. Many times I have to use the stop button while waiting for the next singer to stumble up between songs, since I use the Auto play. Since this habit has taken hold, I no longer have the"oops" problem. :g

lpwalsh
March 30th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Here's how I do it. When I click on the "add hd track" the first time I never return to it again. I just drag the add track box to the lower right unused portion of the screen and leave it open. Also inside the box, I only use the mouse to enter and leave it. I also engage the (num lock) and use the number key pad and the enter key. Speeds things up considerably.