PDA

View Full Version : Video Cards

djmadmaxx
March 4th, 2003, 01:03 PM
are there any known conflicts with hoster and and other dual display video cards besides radeon?

MTUSUPPORT
March 4th, 2003, 03:05 PM
You should be fine with using the ATI cards, Nvidia and Matros dual display cards. These are the only ones that I know clients are using.

George
March 4th, 2003, 03:37 PM
If I might add, I think the ATI RADEON 7500 got bum rap due to the "Powered By ATI" cheapies that are not manufactured by ATI, but use some ATI systems. If you use ATI be certain to buy one that is made by ATI. The POWERED BY ATI's can cause problems, not always, but they can.

MTUSUPPORT
March 4th, 2003, 04:13 PM
George is correct on this. I forgot to mention this.

djmadmaxx
March 6th, 2003, 09:04 AM
what about the g-force 64mb dual display card. i needed one that has a composite video (RCA) output, the radeons only have a s-video out

George
March 6th, 2003, 09:29 AM
I paid a bit more and bought mine direct from ATI to guarantee I had a "Made By ATI" card(Radeon 7500). It can hook up to a t.v. equipped with RCA video input using s-video to RCA adapter.
Installation diagram available at the ATI website.

George

admin
March 6th, 2003, 10:34 AM
djmadmaxx, you should download our demo of Hoster and test your video card. We don't test every card out there, so there is no way for us to tell you an absolute answer. Running the demo will absolutely tell you for your specific card.

We would all appreciate your posting back here what you find. If you have a problem, we'll try to answer as best we can. :c

We recommend a s-video to VHS adapter from Radio Shack for those who don't have s-video monitors. This is a safe and reliable way so far. :w

djmadmaxx
April 14th, 2003, 03:14 PM
I ended up getting the 128MB Radeon 9000 dual display..it seems to work ok. Radio shack had the s video converters.