PDA

View Full Version : Error: CDao Exception

captain jay
March 1st, 2003, 10:49 AM
I have just loaded my Hoster program, but everytime that I try to start it, I get an error message that says:

Error: CDao Exception
Scode_CODE =340
Scode_FACILITY = 4
Scode_SEVERITY =1
Result from SCODE =2147221164

Any idea on what this means??
How to solve??
And are MTU offices open on weekends??
thanks

Captain Jay

:g

kedmison
March 1st, 2003, 11:15 AM
I too have a problem,

Tried to bring Hoster up on my laptop and I get the following message:

"Unrecognized database format 'C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases\songs.mdb'. (3343)

Would you like help?

Yes No"

When I hit yes this comes up:

"Cannot find the jeterr35.hlp file. Do you want to try to find this file yourself? Yes No."

When I hit no, it says it can't find it. Check to see that the file exists on your disk. If it doesn't, you need to reinstall it."

What does all this mean?

Kelly

:?

MTUSUPPORT
March 3rd, 2003, 02:34 PM
These errors both mean that you need to reinstall the Hoster Database file. This is the large download, 17.8mb or so. This is the hoster-main-db-1003.exe file. Please reinstall this file and let us know what happens.

kedmison
March 3rd, 2003, 04:49 PM
Do I first unistall and THEN reinstall AND what happens to my song files?

Thanks,

Kelly

MTUSUPPORT
March 4th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Kelly,
Yes, do an uninstall of the Hoster Database only. This is a totally different installation than Hoster's program file.

This will not touch your Songs.mdb which is all your .kma songs. It will only change the installed files that are needed for the Database.

MTUSUPPORT
April 22nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
The way to fix this error now is to go to your C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases folder and delete the bucket.mdb.

Once you hav deleted this file, reinstall the latest version of Hoster that you have using Upgrade.

fanerae
December 30th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Hi. hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I experienced the same problem as Kelly recently. I deleted the Songs.mdb file(did nothing with the bucket file),double clicked to open Hoster and it immediately rebuilt my songs database. This error occurred while rebuilding my songs database to include some new CDG's I had just purchased, my computer, for some inexplicable reason,(power supply going bad?) shut down. Is this what you are referring to as "re-installing" the file? Nonetheless, Hoster proves once again to be both dummy proof(that would be me!) and the most resilient software I own. Thanks again,MTU.

James Daniel
September 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
New to this so bear with me..Getting the error messages the same as Captain Jay dated March 1st, 2003. I've moved my kma song files to a safe location, disconnected my external hard drive to protect it and deleted Hoster and MTU files including the bucket and database. I wiped out everything I could find as I had already tried the simple reload. Checked my windows program and made sure updates were all there and they were. Downloaded a fresh copy of Hoster 3. and reinstalled everything. Still get the same message on start up and of course it won't let me build a database. Tried a restore to an earlier date but no help there either. Everything else on the computer is working fine. Any info would be appreciated...