PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Loosing Tracks from .hst files after a track is played

Dave Hunt
February 28th, 2003, 03:48 PM
I have been using Hoster to run my show for about 3 months now and like it very much, but after I play a song off of the play list, this song is deleted from the play list thus it isn't available the next time it is requested.

To work around this I plugged the missing songs back in to it's respective .hst file. Then I made a back up copy of all of my .hst files. When I notice songs are missing, I reload the backed up file over top of the defective files and I'm up and running again, till the next time.

Anybody else having this problem?

MTUSUPPORT
February 28th, 2003, 04:24 PM
This is user controllable. The switch is located on the Tools tab at the bottom: Check to retain Playlist songs after they play. This will not automatically delete them.

Mr Music
March 5th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Is Thier A Way to Remove A song from the play list that has not been played? I have singers that leave befor thier time to sing and i found no way to remove the song so i ended up moving it to the botom of the list. I thought I could skip but that is greyed out until the song is playing.

Chris

T.Wright
March 5th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Chris.
To remove a song from the play list, even if another song is playing at the same time, just click on it to highlight it
and press delete on your keyboard. Also if a song is highlighted anywhere in the song list it will play that song next.

Mr Music
March 5th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Terry
Thanks A bunh I am jsut starting to test it i have 100 of my 1500 or so disc in So it will be a while befor i start useing it fulltime. Takes so long to import songs in then I have to find an easy way to delete the dupes.

Thanks Again.
Chris

admin
March 6th, 2003, 10:06 AM
I know that manual reading is a "last resort" thing today, but it would save you time and keep you running if you first check it before asking questions. Your question about deleting a Play List track is a listed item in the TOC. :c

T.Wright
March 6th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Chris,
Another handy tip when you start running your shows, that will make it look even more professional, is if you put a karaoke screen as your desk top, (you can build one or download one from the net). any picture relating to Karaoke will do, or even advertise your show with your phone number, then just before the start of your show, reduce the screen that Hoster puts out to TV, to a tiny square so it can hardly be seen, you can do this by putting the mouse pointer over one corner of the Hoster screen untill it changes to a small arrow, then click and drag it to a small square, all the people will see is the desktop picture, but when you press play, the Hoster screen automaticly goes to full screen for the lyrics, and when finished it automaticly goes back to a tiny square and all the people see is your desktop picture again. I'm not sure if even MTU are aware this is possible. Hope this helps.:) :w
Let me know how you get on.