PDA

View Full Version : re-formatting my hard drive ?

Beavis
February 28th, 2003, 11:41 AM
ok bryan,
i have a few virus on my computer that nortons cant remove. is there a way to drag and drop all my hoster stuff to a different hard drive (that is all my imported songs with the database) and re-format the hard drive, re-install hoster, put all the files back to there same files?

in short is there anyway to re-format my hard drive without having to re-imort all my cd-g's ??

MTUSUPPORT
February 28th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Beavis,
Yes. As long as the virus is not in your .kma files.

You can drag all of your .kma files, they also store all the data in the header file of the .kma file. So then you can just reload Hoster on the newly formatted system, then Copy the .kma files over to the system. Then click on the configure menu, Build Songs Database. Make sure you select the drive/folder where the .kma songs are located at the top. At the bottom make sure to put in: C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases\ this is where it looks for the songs.mdb database that it will then rebuild.

Then all your songs should be there and you up and running.

Beavis
February 28th, 2003, 04:53 PM
thanks bryan !!

just out of curiosity, why would the virus go after the kma files ?

MTUSUPPORT
February 28th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Some Viruses can infect any and every file on the system, so you will just have to copy them and find out. Most wouldn't but there are some that attach to every type of file. I had one about 3 yrs ago, first and last virus I ever got.

Beavis
February 28th, 2003, 05:11 PM
i just got nortons 2003 anti virus. i will check the hoster file & go from there.

MTUSUPPORT
March 5th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear it.