PDA

View Full Version : Great new Audio option

S. Parks
February 26th, 2003, 12:57 AM
I have a gateway computer that has a less that desirable audio out capability. The mini conection to RCA option via the headphone slot produced all kinds of hum when amplified through my system. However I found a great product call the Maya 5.1 USB to analog device. Attached to a USB port in does a great job of exporting the audio from my computer to my rack sytem. It also has the capability as the name implies to export 5.1 surround to my home theatre system. Haven't purchased hoster yet, but it does a wonderful job with microstudio. So if anyone else is wondering about an alternative to export their audio from a laptop, this is a great option.

Wayne White
March 13th, 2003, 11:14 PM
I have a couple of HP pavilions that run Hoster well, but the audio signal is weak coming out of the headphone jack, which can be overcome by turning the amps up, but I am curious, does the Maya 5.1 USB amplify the signal coming from the laptop?

Wayne

S. Parks
March 14th, 2003, 08:17 AM
It gets it's powert from your USB jack, strengthens the signal and imports it into the audio equipment of your choise. When using the headphone jack on my gateway laptop, I had a weak signal and load noticable hum, but with the maya 5.1, THE SIGNAL WAS STRONG and crystal clear.