PDA

View Full Version : KPRO4 Install Problem - didnt' get a good download!

jwillets
February 19th, 2003, 10:28 PM
I have my new Kpro serial number, I have uninstalled KHPro 3, and have downloaded the new file kpro40 (5.59MB size)

I have restarted my computer several times, but i cannot get it to install. I only get an error message stating "error reading setup initialization file"

I have never had any other problems downloading or installing on my system. I have an Athlon XP 1700 with W98SE and my ISP is Cox Cable (never any download interruption problems) I tried downloading it to differnt places, with 2 different copies but they give the same result.

Can anyone help?

MTUSUPPORT
February 20th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Jwillets,
This error means that you have gotten a Bad Download. Please redownload the file from your link, and save it to a different location when you redownload it. Then try running the installation again.

Then go under your Windows\Temp directory and try to delete any files in this folder. Then reboot the computer again and try installing it another time.

jwillets
February 21st, 2003, 12:25 AM
Thanx a bunch! You were right. I had downloaded thru a networked connection from my son's computer to mine. I re-acquired the file on a direct connection and got all of it. It is now installed and working.

MTUSUPPORT
February 21st, 2003, 10:00 AM
Glad you got it working.