PDA

View Full Version : Easy Install, Problem with printing manual

Ernie
February 18th, 2003, 02:16 PM
I am not the most computer savy guy in the world. When I saw all the things you had to do, and names of things I had never heard of, I panicked!!! But, the install was really a piece of cake.
I do have one problem. When I went to copy the manual, it took me to AOL. I then went to copy the first page, to make sure everything would copy okay, but it's off center and chops off some of the words on the right hand side.

Thanks,
Ernie

kjzone
February 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM
1. Don't know if this is your problem, but this cut off printing happen to me on my Hp6p printer. I had to update my printer driver. Since then, no right cutoff.

jaddams
February 19th, 2003, 02:57 AM
I'm with you Ernie!

I have three printers, an Epson Stylus C82, The Lexmark mono laser T522 and The HP5500dn. I tried printing the manual on the Epson and the Lexmark with the same results as Ernie, (some words chopped off on the right side.) :f

I solved the problem by simply printing the pages in the “Landscape Mode.” :g

Jon

admin
February 19th, 2003, 09:07 AM
AOL's browser sometimes does not properly handle modern HTML coding, or tables.

Run the Internet Explorer browser you have with Windows (click Start button > Programs > Internet Explorer). Then, click the File menu Open command and click the Browse button. Locate the Manual in C:/Program Files/Micro Technology Unlimited/Karaoke Pro 4.0/Manual and open it.

using IE may make your printing problem go away. Please post back here what you find. :w

jaddams
February 19th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Admin,

As per your suggestion, I opened the manual with Internet Explorer version 6.0.28xx, and I printed the first three pages in both, my Epson C82 and my laser mono.

Did not work!

To be precise, the title page cuts off to the right. Where it reads “From Micro Technology Unlimited” it just printed “From Micro Technolo”

On page 2, (Table of Contents) Section 3. It only prints Add Music into the Pro”

No need to go further, I’m sure you get the idea.

As I said earlier, I solved my problem by choosing ”landscape mode”. It worked fine for me. :)

Jon

Ernie
February 19th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I tried using IE also, and it didn't work... Same cutoff on pages.

Ernie

Ernie
February 21st, 2003, 12:33 PM
Haven't heard from you, so I don't know if you are still trying to find an answer, or we're done.

Ernie

Ernie
February 23rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
I lucked out! BANDL came over and showed me how to print the Manual, since MTU NEVER GOT AROUND TO HELPING ME!!
Now this is exactly what I did:
Open INTERNET EXPLORER
Click FILE
Click OPEN
Click BROWSE
Look In C, Double click C
Double Click PROGRAM FILES
Double Click MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED
Double Click KARAOKE PRO
Double Click MANUAL
Double Click KPRO4-MANUAL
Click OK
Try and print one page and see if it's okay
If Not
Click FILE
Click PAGE SETUP
I have my margins left & Right set at 0.3
My top and bottom set at 0.5
Now try a copy... Mine worked from this point on.

Good Luck,
Ernie

BANDL
February 23rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
Ernie
You forgot one thing. One of the choices in Explorer is that under "View" you can choose "Text Size" and make the fonts smaller. That way the text will fit better in the page.

BANDL

George
February 23rd, 2003, 09:53 PM
You don't have to go through all that. Just open the Kpro program, click help, open the manual , click view and change the text size. That's all on either my XP or 98SE pc's, both usint Internet Explorer.

George

Ernie
February 23rd, 2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks BANDL, I did forget to mention that!!

Ernie

BANDL
February 24th, 2003, 05:35 PM
George,
Your suggestion does not work if AOL is the default browser for opening HTM documents. If AOL is the default browser when you try to open the manual it opens with AOL. AOL does not seem to have the View/Text Size choices that microsoft Internet Explorer does.

BANDL

George
February 24th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Gotcha,

Thanks for the info.

George