PDA

View Full Version : unable to install

wb6bna
February 17th, 2003, 01:12 AM
I was downloading kpro 4.008 and was cut off from aol. finally finished downloading and when I try to install get the following error message "ERROR READING SETUP INITIALIZATION FILE" what does this mean???

markg
February 18th, 2003, 12:38 PM
In plain English your download file is corrupt probably due to you being cut off from AOL I'd suggest you download the software again

Mark G

MTUSUPPORT
February 18th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Wb6na,
As Markg said, it was due to AOL cutting you off. You may need to find where AOL stores these temp files, and delete them from there for it to correctly download now. Try downloading the file to a different location or use Internet Explorer to download from instead of AOL.

wb6bna
February 18th, 2003, 12:52 PM
I deleted the program and reinstalled it and it went in...It will not run due to an incorrect serial number. I was sent an email that had the email address and serial number. It was a link to a website and I was told that Doug Cox would email me the correct code. Thank you. I am not stupid and don't need it in plain english as was told me in a previous post by MarkG.

markg
February 18th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Sorry that you feel offended.
There was no implacation intended that you were stupid.
What was meant by this was that invariably computers give out cryptic error messages and failure to read initialisation file is one of those

Nothing personal at all

MarkG