PDA

View Full Version : Soundcards

djmadmaxx
February 7th, 2003, 08:43 AM
I am intending on buying two copies of Hoster. I am having a rackmount computer built with a 2.53 ghz p4, 533 buss, 1024mb pc 333 ddr ram, (2) 120 gig hd's , 128mb radeon 9000 pro dual display video card, and windows xp pro. Are there any conflicts with any sound cards and hoster??

MTUSUPPORT
February 7th, 2003, 10:13 AM
I would recommend using the Sound Blaster Audigy boards. There could be a conflict with the Sound Blaster Live sound card, but it has not shown up in Hoster as of yet. We use the Audigy boards when we built desktop systems for clients with Hoster, so we know this works.

Mr Music
February 12th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Plus the Audigy boards have fire wire port built in a big plus.

MM

mobilemusic
March 11th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Has anyone tried a maya 44 soundcard?? This is the best soundcard for PCDJ by far. Has anyone tried it with Hoster? Does the pitch work properly?

MTUSUPPORT
March 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM
I have never heard of this Maya 44 sound card. Does anyone have any references to this board?

jaddams
March 13th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Bryan,

Here is some info on the Maya Sound Card...

MAYA 44 by Audio trak

The Ultimate 4 Track Sound Card (Mot my words) :)

The new Maya 44. It seems like every time you think that the guys at AudioTrak can't put out a cooler product than they've already released, they do just that.

With the Maya sound card, they created an affordable stereo sound card for home musicians who wanted to plug the Mic directly into the card. With Inca 88, they tackled multi-tracks with a cool box/card solution.

Now with the Maya 44, they split the difference and provide the equivalent of those cool old cassette/tape multi-tracks that we all used in the old days. Of course, a lot has changed since those days...now you can get 4 tracks in and out, digital quality, support for today's most popular sequencers, a Mic preamp with Phantom power.

The New Maya 44 Includes:
• 4 In/ 4 Out Analog Digital Audio
• 1 S/PDIF Digital Out (Optical or coaxial)
• 1 Mic In with Phantom Power
• 3ms latency (ASIO) or 1.5 ms (With Cakewalk Sonar)
• Active Filtering for extensive dynamic range
• Windows 98SE, ME, and 2000 compatibility...XP Ready
Price $128.99

Jon

mobilemusic
March 17th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I use the Maya 44 Soundcard for PCDJ. It works like a charm. It has 1/4" Gold plated inputs/outputs and is dual channel capable to allow for mixing using an external DJ Mixer. When used in a Karaoke situation, you simply use channel one, (or slide the fader on your DJ mixer to the left), to run your Karaoke Program. The only thing I haven't been able to get working yet is the pitch control, aka key changer, in karaoke programs. The pitch control in PCDJ is flawless, but I think there may be a conflict with Karaoke programs. I understand that a key changer and pitch control are essentially two different animals, but when you make the adjustment, it makes the low flutter and the highs squeal. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Is anyone using PCDJ and Hoster, and got everything to work properly?