PDA

View Full Version : Front Of House Display Tip

Ken
February 4th, 2003, 08:50 PM
In using Hoster, we have made up our advertising bmp (using any pic editor), and placed it in the desktop background. Grabbing the front of house display screen, while hoster is not playing a song, dragging it from the tv screen into the computer monitor, and dragging it down to a small size, about the same size as the one on the hoster program (about 2 inch square)....exposes the desktop background on the tv monitor (front house moniter). When you play a song out of hoster, the word screen automatically jumps up to full screen on the tv moniter, and when the song stops, it automatically jumps back to expose your advert (the desktop background) on the tv moniters. VERY EFFECTIVE.... We have asked David Cox, in the future if it's possible, to make the screen small on the computer moniter, as a default....this will be really good.....and save you dragging it down when you start the program.:)

DougD
October 21st, 2003, 12:20 PM
Ken

Does this work every time? How consistent is it?

Ken
October 21st, 2003, 03:24 PM
this is Leanne, Ken's wife....yes the desktop works on the big screen everytime....it's GREAT!!! On ours we have a photo of me in the corner, with our website and contact details, and if we're running a talent quest, or have anything up and coming, we add it to the page. So in the DJ break or between songs, you can see the advertising or whatever you have on there.

kedmison
October 21st, 2003, 04:37 PM
DougD,

I too have been using a bmp image for quite awhile now. It was in a post from last year I saw and tried it. Like Leanne said though, you have to set it up each time you turn Hoster on.

Oh and thanks for helping me out with my desk top crash. My first time. Backing up EVERYTHING this time!!!

Thanks,

Kelly

George
October 21st, 2003, 10:42 PM
Kelly,

Don't know which video card you have, but with the ATI Radeon 7500 you can activate a multi-desktop feature that will allow you to have more than one desktop theme.

Seems like it would be a simple matter to have your bmp image on one of the alternate desktops and simply click on it when you want it.

Multi desktop once activated shows the number you have activated in the toolbar on the p.c.

Seems like it should work..

Take care,

George

George
October 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Kelly,

Forget what I posted above. Seemed like it should work, but doesn't. I set up a second desktop, and it works just fine. problem I ran into was after a track finished and I engaged the second desktop, it also covered up the primary pc and there was no way to see Hoster. Had to go back to primary desktop to see Hoster, which put everything back where it started....sorry:f

Take care,

George

BloodyLegend
January 25th, 2005, 08:59 AM
You can display ads, custom images and text with MessageOke Pro. It works well alongside Hoster.

Wallymeister
January 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Bloody
Can you include a link for this software? I'd like to check it out and can't find it on the net as described.
Wally :g