PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 2100 CDRW - Supported in V2.200, Not Earlier!

Charlie Rice
January 9th, 2001, 09:39 AM
I purchased MicroStudio on December 6, 2000 and have yet been able to create a cdg.

I have a P350 with 132megs of SDRAM operating under Win98 environment. The CDRW I purchased was a Yamaha CDW2100E (had this prior to MicroStudio). I have been assured (lol) by Yamaha Tech Support that this drive will write cdgs as long as I have the software.

My problem is that Microstudio does not recognize my CDRW.

All of MTU's changes to my system have been enter and double checked. I have disabled all startup software so that the only thing loaded by windows is systray and exployer.

Can anyone help me....PLEASE!

Cid_cat
January 9th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Hey Charlie, I would suggest taking a look in the forum for CD drives. Make sure that the Yamaha drive you have is listed in the MTU approved drive list. They've done extensive testing and can recommend which drives work the best. That's a good place to start. Then, re-read some of the other problems encountered with Microstudio. Maybe someone has had the same issues.

good luck,
Cid

admin
January 9th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Charlie, Microstudio V2.013 does not support the Yamaha 2100. That is your problem. We try to make it clear that if a drive is not on our list, it most likely will not work with our software. The 2100 drive is different enough from the 8824 series that our drivers don't detect it.

Now the good news... our Microstudio V2.1xx does support the 2100. We hope to have V2.1xx released this week. We will send a notice to everyone as to how to get it when we are ready.

Charlie Rice
January 10th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the info. I will wait for the update since I have waited this long.

Being new to this, hopefully MTU will notify me of the newer release.

admin
January 12th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Charlie, I have sent your access and unlock codes to get Microstudio 2.103. Please post here what your results are with your Yamaha 2100 CD-Recorder.

Charlie Rice
January 15th, 2001, 07:55 PM
It still doesn't work!!!!!

Now there is an error at startup of Microstudio 2.1.0.3 which reads, and I quote: "Error: 'READ TOC' command failed on deviced 0:0:0 Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h).

What do I do now....sure threw my money away.

[Edited by Charlie Rice on 01-16-2001 at 08:54 AM]

Charlie Rice
January 15th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Upon further investigation of 2.103 I can play cdgs on the Yamaha cdw2100e through Microstudio but that is about all I can do.
At least we have progressed a very little bit with the newest and greatest but I NEED HELP AS MENTIONED ABOVE.

admin
January 16th, 2001, 06:37 PM
Charlie, you are the first to post profanity in our Forum. I cleaned up your post and request you not do it again.

Our advice is only as good as the data given us to help diagnose your problem from our remote location. It is our belief that you need a local system integrator to install your Yamaha 2100 CDR, ASPI driver and our software.

For over a year Yamaha has not been the CDR of choice for CDG work. When you purchased, it was not on our list of approved drives for Microstudio. It was your choice to not buy from MTU and it is not our responsibility to solve your integration problem. However, as long as you understand that fact, we will attempt to help you.

We expect that you do not have the correct ASPI device driver for your 2100 CDR. Playing but not recording is one indicator for this assumption. Follow the instructions below to determine what ASPI version you have installed on your computer and post your findings in this Thread.

1. Go to the Start Menu/ Find/ Files or Folders
2. Set the Look In to My Computer
3. In the named box type in aspienum.vxd
4. Left click Find or Search, depending on Windows version
5. When this file appears, right click it and click the properties command
6. Click the Version Tab in the Properties dialog box
7. Microstudio requires File version: 4.60 (1021)

FYI: The partial text of the TOC (Table Of Contents) message you posted above will appear as a result of a normal condition when there is no CD in the drive to read a TOC from.

Charlie Rice
January 16th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Downloaded the correct aspi driver from Adaptec (Note: cannot be used on Win2000). With CD in drive at start of Microstudio now getting the error:

Error: 'Test Unit Ready' Command failed on device 0:0:0 Device contains no disc or is not ready (04h 00h 02h 02h 04h 01h).

With no cd in drive at start of Microstudio, the same error as above.

Have tried numerous CDs (verbatim) always with the same results...could it now be the CDs, upgrade the quality? These type are available at Sams Club at a very reasonable cost but willing to try anything at this point.

Sorry about the other Thread but if you only knew the emails not returned and the problems encountered to include a "live" demo.

[Edited by Charlie Rice on 01-16-2001 at 08:50 PM]

Cid_cat
January 17th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Charlie,
I think everyone running the same version of Microstudio is getting the same errors when opening the program. It has little to do with the type of media you are using, although I'd suggest steering clear of the extremely cheap CDRs. I expect the errors will clear up when the bugs are worked out and the latest version of Microstudio is released.

Stick around...it can only get better!
Cid

Charlie Rice
January 17th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Thanks Cid_cat. I'm getting frustrated but making some progress.

Have created many cdgs with khpro and able to play them through Microstudio 2.103 now, but just can't create any cds yet; but I'm sure that will come in time.

Cid_cat
January 17th, 2001, 07:11 PM
hey Charlie,
Perhaps you'd be interested in trading email addresses, phone numbers or any other contact information necessary for us to make some kind of contact. I'd be happy to share any information or bug fixes I've found and maybe we can work out your CDG creation problem.

Who knows...
Cid

Charlie Rice
January 18th, 2001, 10:50 AM
be glad to Cid....going out to purchase some Mitsui cds today to try them, maybe have some better luck.

Don't know how to send you my email address?

MTUSUPPORT
January 18th, 2001, 06:09 PM
The following message will always show when you open Microstudio if you have a blank disc in the drive or if there is no disc in the drive at all. If you have an original Karaoke or Audio disc in the drive, you will not see this message.

"'Test Unit Ready' Command failed on device 0:0:0 Device contains no disc or is not ready (04h 00h 02h 02h 04h 01h)"

All you need to do is click Ok. The program will then open without any problems.

Charlie Rice
January 22nd, 2001, 09:55 PM
After a verbal conversation with Brian Cox I find out that my Yamaha CRW2100E is NOT compatible with Microstudio ... wow, all this time.

Ok so I just ordered a Plextor PX-W1210TA/SW (219.95 at buy.com) and will install this on my wifes new machine.
She is running a new Gateway 1500 P IV with 256 RDRAM under a WinME environment.

We have been waiting for Microstudio to work prior to purchasing a CRW for her machine and since this is the top of the line recommendation by MTU I certainly hope this solves all my problems.

Does anyone know of anymore problems I might encounter with anything mentioned above in order to create cdgs?

Do I load Adaptec software? Adaptec says that the newer ASPI drivers are not compatible with WinME?

Thanks Cid_cat for the help...good talking to someone. Keep in touch I will really be interested in seeing your listing of cdgs

[Edited by Charlie Rice on 01-23-2001 at 12:04 PM]

Charlie Rice
January 29th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Ok, great, now everything works and we are in full production of Karaoke using a Plextor PX-W1210TA/SW IDE drive

Thanks for all the help