PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Demo problems

melkb
January 20th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I down loaded the latest hoster demo program. I installed it on my 1.2 ghz p-III server running W2K Professional with 1 GB memory. The demo appears to run will until I attempt to use the run control such as STOP and SKIP function when the application stops responding.
Oh! what counld the problem be?
I was disappointed when I attempted to find .cdg file imported to my hard drive via microstudio, is there a method to access .cdg file on the hard drive.
M

admin
January 20th, 2003, 07:05 PM
I don't recall hearing Stop and Skip crash the program before. Please run dxdiag.exe (enter this in the Search in the Forums to find the instructions), and add it as an Attachment when you create a new "Post Reply" in this thread under me. That may shed some light on it.

Currently, we do not allow finding and converting .cdg songs already on the hard drive. This is in the works, but lower priority. You will not have the use of the Import Tracks database when you do this, and will have to type in all your Singer and Song data manually. This will be added I would expect by the end of the first quarter 2003.

melkb
January 20th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Here's the DX diag file.
M

MTUSUPPORT
January 21st, 2003, 12:57 PM
You must upgrade to DirectX 8.1 or higher, this can be done from: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=772

You only have DirectX 8.0 installed.

You also need to upgrade your Video card drivers to support DirectX 8.1 or higher. You can get the latest drivers for your card from: http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/ragexl/win2k/ragexlwin2kdrivers.html?cboOS=Windows+2000&cboProducts=RAGE+XL&eula=&choice=agree&cmdNext=Next

It is possible that your Video card will not work. You only have an 8mb PCI video card. Hoster is very Video instensive and may not run but on ATI Radeon 7500 or faster Video chips. So this could be the problem that you are having.

melkb
January 22nd, 2003, 07:46 AM
After updates problem persists.
See attachments.
M

MTUSUPPORT
January 22nd, 2003, 11:31 AM
If this is the case then your Video card will not work. You only have an 8mb PCI video card. Hoster is very Video instensive and may not run but on ATI Radeon 7500 or faster Video chips. So this could be the problem that you are having. If you want to try to use Hoster, You will need to put a faster Video card such as the ATI Radeon 7500 in your computer, make sure that you do have an AGP slot in your s ystem also. The PCI bus is quite a bit slower for the Video then the AGP slot is.

MTUSUPPORT
February 4th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Did you try to upgrade the Video card?