PDA

View Full Version : Dual Display

Dean Gadberry
January 11th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have some help out there on how to get it to work. I have e-mailed support but they are real slow at getting back if they get back at all. I have had the Hoster software for close to a month and still have not been able to use it. I even brought my lap top in and had a tech from another company look at it and they don' know how it is suppose to work. They said that my computer is working like it is suppose to. I have a PCG-GRX670 Sony and it is only a month old.

George
January 11th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Dean,
Are you getting anything on the tv display?
What type of video card do you have ?
The pc may be working like it's supposed to, but the dual display video card must not be set up correctly, assuming it supports dual display.

George

George
January 11th, 2003, 10:08 PM
OK, Dean.

Instead of double clicking on the movable display, click and drag it over to the tv. Then size it to fit the tv area. See if that works o.k.
You should then be able to double click on it to lock it in place.

If that all works correctly, as long as the tv is connected to the pc you should not have to reset anything. The settings should hold. If you've disconnect the tv, make the connections, turn the tv on, and reboot the pc. the settings once again should hold.

When you are trying to install a new program, make sure to uninstall the old one first. The window you are seeing is the Windows Installer that allows you to Remove, Modify, Or Repair files. The Modify and Repair has little if any effect on the program files.

Best if we continue handling this in the forum rather than P.M. so's support will know the outcome, exspecially if I can't get you up and running.

George

I know it can get disgouraging, but obviously the program is working.

Dean Gadberry
January 12th, 2003, 12:47 AM
George, Where do I find this tv you talk about to drag the screen over to? I can find the where to change the display from just the lap top to the lap top and tv, but I can't drop the screen into it. How I find what I found is by right clicking the mouse and then go to display.

George
January 12th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Dean,
Sorry, I may have confused you. I assumed you were using a t.v. for the remote unit for the singer. It could be another monitor. In the ATI remote set up you can go P.C. to T.V., or P.C. to P.C.Monitor, whichever you choose.

You need to be in "Extended Desktop" mode for either. In Extended desktop, all you see on the remote unit is the wallpaper, no shortcuts or taskbars, just your wallpaper. If you're seeing everything that's on the p.c.monitor, then it is in "Clone" mode, and won't work.

Once you have the remote unit set up in ATI, and are in the proper mode it should work. Start hoster in Play and click on to the second play window that pops up and drag it to the right out of view on the p.c. until it appears on the t.v.screen(or monitor) that the singer would be seeing. Then size it and lock it into place.

George

Dean Gadberry
January 12th, 2003, 01:35 PM
George,
I got the screen over to my extended desk top but then the color of the screen turned pink, the words white and when the cursor came it turned the words black and then you could not read them. What do I need to do to get this corrected? Do I need to get the screen back so iI can correct it and if so how do I get it back on the lap top? I tried double clicking, and also just clicking once and draging but didn't have any luck with that.
Dean :?

George
January 12th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Dean,

click on the ATI shortcut, go through help

Click ATI Desktop

at top (block1)type: extended desktop

click display

click on Select Extended Desktop under Tell Me How To

pretty well menu driven from that point on

George

Dean Gadberry
January 12th, 2003, 10:56 PM
George,
I got the screen over to my extended desk top but then the color of the screen turned pink, the words white and when the cursor came it turned the words black and then you could not read them. What do I need to do to get this corrected? Do I need to get the screen back so I can correct it and if so how do I get it back on the lap top? I tried double clicking, and also just clicking once and draging but didn't have any luck with that. Should I just turn the tv off on the ati diplay and then will the screen come back?
Dean

George
January 12th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Dean,
Glad you got the extended desktop set up.

Have no idea whats causing the colors to be out of whack. If you've locked the play screen in place on the tv by double clicking, it should be able to be unlocked by double clicking again. You should then be able to click and drag it over to the pc, and back and forth at will.

Try shutting everything down(leaving the tv connected to the pc), and restart.

If that does no good, make sure you are using Hoster version 1.208? To check this, click HELP, and ABOUT HOSTER.

If anything other than 1.208, you need to uninstall,and download and install 1.208. Your extended desktop settings should hold, as they are in the ATI setup.

Whatever tracks you've imported should also still be in tact.

George

Don't know why, but your 10:35AM post didn't come in all day????

Wayne White
January 13th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I sounds to me like Dean has his colors set wrong. There is a drop down selection box under the monitor settings. Make sure it says 32 bit. From the sound of his explanation, it is probably set at 256 colors...Wayne

George
January 13th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Wayne.

George

Dean Gadberry
January 13th, 2003, 12:09 PM
George,
I have everthing working. The color is right and I can get the screen off my desktop and put it back when I want to. 32 bit color is what I set the color to. I was preset at 8 bit. I think alll these things we talked about should be in the manual. I didn't find anything in the manual on these subjects. One more thing, do you know how to print the manual out so it is one page wide? Is there a program that you would suggest to use to do this?
Dean :)

George
January 13th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Dean,
You just made my day, and once again thanks to Wayne White for the heads up on the color settings.

The default should already be set up for regular page width printing, I didn't have to do anything to print the manual. Just to make sure though, open the manual,

click FILE
click PAGE SETUP
paper size should read- LETTER
source should read- AUTO
orientation should read- PORTRAIT
all margins should read- 0.75

Hope all goes well for you.

take care,

George