PDA

View Full Version : Why turn off "Write Behind Caching" for all drives?

DJLiveMike
December 29th, 2000, 05:09 PM
My system tech here in town has asked why turning off the "Write Behind Caching" is necessary for using Microstudio? Also, why do the Virtual Memory setting need to be adjusted?

The download instructions ask us to do this, yet we get no explaination why.

admin
January 3rd, 2001, 01:00 PM
If you want Microstudio to run correctly without having the CDR disc be ejected before finishing, make the changes we recommend. We have tried to make our requirements as straight forward as possible. I am sure many technical persons might wonder, but our changes have been evolved over many years.

Whether you choose to make them or not is your decision. If you don't make them and have a high number of discs you burn fail, you will understand. If you don't have a high number of failures, please notify us of this fact.

We are conservative and our recommendations are made to insure your system will perform correctly.

In our 14 years of delivering PC based audio workstations, we have had many "gurus" question our recommendations. When our recommendations are not followed, the client usually has problems. When they are followed, the client usually has success. Do what you wish.

DJLiveMike
January 3rd, 2001, 08:12 PM
Thanks. It was just a technical question. Don't get so defensive.

admin
January 3rd, 2001, 11:38 PM
Sorry 'bout that. If you had been through what I have with "experts" in the past 30 years, you would understand my response. No damage done on this side. :w